- Business News : FSM taps on technology for full tuna transparency by 2023 [13/12/2018 - United States]
- News : State of play at Tuna Commission negotiations hard to predict [13/12/2018 - United States]
- News : Pacific nations under climate threat urge Australia to abandon coal within 12 years [13/12/2018 - Poland]
- News : Labour standards push hopes for thumbs up from Tuna Commission [13/12/2018 - United States]
- Technology : Google and the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific host Asia-Pacific AI for Social Good Summit [13/12/2018 - Australia]
- News Feature : High seas tuna transshipments targeted for action [13/12/2018 - United States]
- News : Japan joins Pacific to oppose U.S proposals to increase its bigeye tuna quota [13/12/2018 - United States]
- Business News : New research reveals the secret life of FADs [13/12/2018 - United States]
- Business News : ATH receives approvals for BlueSky deal [13/12/2018 - Fiji]
- Business News : Debt management and investement planning critical for Pacific- ADB [13/12/2018 - Philippines]
- News : Fiji steps up the pressure for the adoption of a target reference point on South Pacific Albacore [13/12/2018 - United States]
- News : PM Bainimarama launches Fijiís first National Adaptation Plan [13/12/2018 - Poland]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The High Level Group that will make recommendations on governance of the Commonwealth Secretariat is holding its first meeting today at Marlborough House, the Commonwealth’s headquarters in London.
At their last Summit in Malta, Commonwealth heads of government directed the Secretary-General to form the Group. Today members are discussing the scope of the group's work and the areas of governance it will examine over the coming months. The process is open and the High Level Group reports to the heads.
The issue of succession of the Head of the Commonwealth is not part of the Group’s mandate.
Anote Tong chairs the High Level Group. He served as President of Kiribati from 2003 to 2016. Other members include:
*Lord Howell: Former British energy secretary
*Louise Frechette: Former United Nations deputy secretary-general
*Robert Hill: Former Australian defence minister
*Dame Billie Miller: Former deputy prime minister of Barbados
*Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Former Nigerian minister of finance
*Dr George Vella: Former foreign minister of Malta
The High Level Group operates independently of the Commonwealth Secretariat. Further members may be appointed....PACNEWS
T. +00 44 20 7747 6546
M. +00 44 75 8765 7285
Join the conversation Tweets by @commonwealthsec
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media