- Sports News : Fiji 7s coach contract expected to be renewed after Olympics postponement [26/03/2020 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Team PNG still focused despite deferral of Olympics [26/03/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Marshalls worried for seafarers caught up in Covid-19 restrictions [26/03/2020 - Marshall Islands]
- News : World Bank provides US$5.1m for Samoa COVID-19 response [26/03/2020 - Samoa]
- Business News : Foreign banks’ behaviour is ‘unacceptable’: Cook Islands Finance Minister [26/03/2020 - Cook Islands]
- Business News : Narita recovery flights rescheduled to early April: Fiji Airways [26/03/2020 - Fiji]
- News : COVID-19: Fiji wide curfew to come into effect from Monday [26/03/2020 - Vanuatu]
- News : Vanuatu State of emergency, curfew imposed [26/03/2020 - Vanuatu]
- News : 45 in quarantine centres in Solomon Islands [26/03/2020 - Solomon Islands]
- Business News : Fiji Employee FNPF contributions to be reduced by three percent [26/03/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : UNICEF scales up support in Pacific Island countries to keep children learning, as COVID-19 forces majority of schools worldwide to close [26/03/2020 - Fiji]
- News : 20 percent suspended pay for Fiji cabinet, MPs -COVID-19 response budget [26/03/2020 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Timor Leste donates to Melanesian Spearhead GroupTimor Leste has strengthened its co-operation with the Melanesian Spearhead Group with a donation of just over half a million US dollars.
The donation was presented to the Port Vila based Secretariat by Prime Minister, Xanana Gusmao.
Timor Leste’s donation will go towards the salary and other expenses for an economic advisor at the MSG Secretariat.
Welcoming the high level visit, MSG officer in charge, Jean Pierre Nirua said PM Gusmao’s visit is the first by any Leader in the region to visit the Secretariat since it was opened in 2008.
“This assistance will enable the Secretariat to focus on providing sound economic and fiscal policy advice to its members and in return helps to achieve sustainable improvements in economic welfare and livelihoods of MSG communities, said Nirua.
Timor Leste was granted observer status by Leaders of MSG at their summit in Fiji in March this year.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media