- Business News : Bougainville region lifts ban on mining to protect land [04/05/2016 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : Palau Sends Tough Message Vs. Illegal Fishing, Will Burn More Vietnamese Boats [04/05/2016 - Palau]
- News : Six Pacific countries to receive double their annual grants from the ADB from next year [04/05/2016 - Germany]
- News : PSIDS urge ADB not to segregate climate and development finance [04/05/2016 - Germany]
- News : Australia promises to help Pacific access climate finance [04/05/2016 - Germany]
- News : ADB considers contingent credit line to finance post disaster recovery [04/05/2016 - Germany]
- News : Australia commits close to US$470 million to ADB’s grant fund [04/05/2016 - Germany]
- News : NGOs identify failed projects of ADB [04/05/2016 - Germany]
- News : Rains continue to alleviate drought conditions in Palau [04/05/2016 - Palau]
- News : PNG Police Commissioner Baki faces contempt [04/05/2016 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Air New Zealand denies woman from boarding heavy Tongan flight [03/05/2016 - New Zealand]
- News Feature : Vanuatu continues to stand up to corruption [03/05/2016 - Vanuatu]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
By Makereta Komai, PACNEWS Editor in Majuro, Marshall Islands
Three Smaller Island States have established diplomatic relations with Cook Islands.
The formal signing was held at the margins of the Smaller Island States Leaders meeting in Majuro Tuesday.
Cook Islands issued a joint communiqué after its Prime Minister, Henry Puna signed diplomatic ties with the Presidents of Kiribati, Anote Tong, Marshall Islands, Christopher Loeak and Palau’s Tommy Remengesau.
“The agreement strengthens ties of friendship and co-operation between Cook Islands and the three Smaller Island States, says the agreement signed between the Leaders.
All the four island countries are members of the Smaller Island States (SIS) of the Pacific Islands Forum.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media