- Business News : Trade talks 'open' [29/09/2016 - Fiji]
- Business News : Trukai plans to grow rice in PNG [29/09/2016 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : UN officials optimistic of Paris climate accord’s entry into force by year’s end [29/09/2016 - United States]
- News : Tongan Police pull out of pursuit of desperate man on yacht 'Sea Oak' [29/09/2016 - Tonga]
- News Feature : On World Day, UN spotlights role of maritime transport as backbone of global economy [29/09/2016 - Switzerland]
- Business News : ‘Buy FSM made’ label conveys uniqueness of local story [29/09/2016 - Micronesia, Federated States of]
- News : Incumbent Palau President Remengesau to face sitting senator for Nov. 1 election [29/09/2016 - Palau]
- News : Additional jail term for 11 Vanuatu politicians [29/09/2016 - Vanuatu]
- News : MSG Leaders Summit postponed [29/09/2016 - Vanuatu]
- News : Vanuatu and New Caledonia hold bilateral talks [29/09/2016 - Vanuatu]
- News : From salesman to forest defender, Papua New Guinea activist wins U.S. award [29/09/2016 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Fiji participates in aviation climate negotiations at ICAO Triennial Assembly [29/09/2016 - Canada]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
By Makereta Komai, PACNEWS Editor in Majuro, Marshall Islands
Three Smaller Island States have established diplomatic relations with Cook Islands.
The formal signing was held at the margins of the Smaller Island States Leaders meeting in Majuro Tuesday.
Cook Islands issued a joint communiqué after its Prime Minister, Henry Puna signed diplomatic ties with the Presidents of Kiribati, Anote Tong, Marshall Islands, Christopher Loeak and Palau’s Tommy Remengesau.
“The agreement strengthens ties of friendship and co-operation between Cook Islands and the three Smaller Island States, says the agreement signed between the Leaders.
All the four island countries are members of the Smaller Island States (SIS) of the Pacific Islands Forum.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media