- Business News : PNG PM dismiss IMF report on APEC [27/10/2016 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : “Zero tolerance for torture or other human rights violations”, Fijian PM warns disciplined forces [27/10/2016 - Fiji]
- News : Fiji seeks closer ties with UK law enforcement agencies [27/10/2016 - Fiji]
- News : PNG Court dismisses Manus detainees appeal [27/10/2016 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : PM O'Neill upbeat about PNC’s return, confident to retain power [27/10/2016 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Land that debt forgot: tiny Pacific country of Niue has no interest in loans [27/10/2016 - Niue]
- News : Leadership programme for Pacific Islanders wraps up [27/10/2016 - Taiwan]
- News : Solomon Islands join Pacific neighbours to lead shipping's climate change debate [27/10/2016 - United Kingdom]
- Sports News : Fiji Hoping To Get NSW Cup Green Light [26/10/2016 - Australia]
- Sports News : Six medal winners stripped by IOC in latest batch of Beijing 2008 retest results [26/10/2016 - Switzerland]
- Sports News : Solomon Islands coach cries foul, Fiji wins, coach unhappy [26/10/2016 - Fiji]
- News Feature : UN chief could win South Korean presidency, but contest would be bruising [26/10/2016 - Korea, Republic of]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
By Makereta Komai, PACNEWS Editor in Majuro, Marshall Islands
Three Smaller Island States have established diplomatic relations with Cook Islands.
The formal signing was held at the margins of the Smaller Island States Leaders meeting in Majuro Tuesday.
Cook Islands issued a joint communiqué after its Prime Minister, Henry Puna signed diplomatic ties with the Presidents of Kiribati, Anote Tong, Marshall Islands, Christopher Loeak and Palau’s Tommy Remengesau.
“The agreement strengthens ties of friendship and co-operation between Cook Islands and the three Smaller Island States, says the agreement signed between the Leaders.
All the four island countries are members of the Smaller Island States (SIS) of the Pacific Islands Forum.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media