- Sports News : China boosts Samoa’s Pacific Games bid [22/05/2017 - Samoa]
- News : Climate change: Model predicts Australia to lose iconic sites in new sea-level rise [22/05/2017 - Australia]
- News Feature : ANALYSIS: Belt and Road will go ahead with or without Australia [22/05/2017 - Australia]
- News : PM O’Neill confident of returning [22/05/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : World's smallest nation ratifies Solar Alliance Pact [22/05/2017 - Nauru]
- News : Second amnesty for gun owners in Solomon Islands [22/05/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- News Feature : In final address, UN health chief urges world body to ‘remember the people’ behind the facts and figures [22/05/2017 - Switzerland]
- News : PM elected Chair of 73rd UNESCAP Commission 2017 [22/05/2017 - Tuvalu]
- Business News : South Pacific Tourism Exchange a catalyst to increasing motivation of travel into the Pacific region [22/05/2017 - Fiji]
- Business News : Tahiti resort to host British celebrities [22/05/2017 - French Polynesia]
- Sports News : OPINION: Is Hamilton the saviour of the Sevens? [22/05/2017 - New Zealand]
- News : PM sounds population alarm [22/05/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
By Makereta Komai, PACNEWS Editor in Majuro, Marshall Islands
Three Smaller Island States have established diplomatic relations with Cook Islands.
The formal signing was held at the margins of the Smaller Island States Leaders meeting in Majuro Tuesday.
Cook Islands issued a joint communiqué after its Prime Minister, Henry Puna signed diplomatic ties with the Presidents of Kiribati, Anote Tong, Marshall Islands, Christopher Loeak and Palau’s Tommy Remengesau.
“The agreement strengthens ties of friendship and co-operation between Cook Islands and the three Smaller Island States, says the agreement signed between the Leaders.
All the four island countries are members of the Smaller Island States (SIS) of the Pacific Islands Forum.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media