- News Feature : Pope Francis calls for strong climate agreement during visit to UN office in Nairobi [26/11/2015 - Kenya]
- News : Younger candidates take vote lead in Marshall Islands election [26/11/2015 - Marshall Islands]
- News : Kauona: Review Bougainville peace deal [26/11/2015 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Willingness to speak out behind high Pacific gender abuse figures [26/11/2015 - France]
- Business News : Wallis remains cut off amid airport row [26/11/2015 - Wallis and Futuna]
- Business News : American Samoa to get $1.9M in federal funds [26/11/2015 - American Samoa]
- News Feature : Malaria digs in for last stand a canoe ride away [26/11/2015 - Australia]
- News Feature : Surge in climate change-related disasters poses growing threat to food security [26/11/2015 - Holy See (Vatican City State)]
- Business News : Shortage of PAFCO tuna says Ikbal [26/11/2015 - Fiji]
- Business News : New fund set to boost trade in Commonwealth countries [26/11/2015 - Malta]
- News : Pacific begins amplifying its voices in Paris [26/11/2015 - France]
- News : French leader promises island nations that Paris talks will pursue ambitious climate deal [26/11/2015 - France]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
By Makereta Komai, PACNEWS Editor in Majuro, Marshall Islands
Three Smaller Island States have established diplomatic relations with Cook Islands.
The formal signing was held at the margins of the Smaller Island States Leaders meeting in Majuro Tuesday.
Cook Islands issued a joint communiqué after its Prime Minister, Henry Puna signed diplomatic ties with the Presidents of Kiribati, Anote Tong, Marshall Islands, Christopher Loeak and Palau’s Tommy Remengesau.
“The agreement strengthens ties of friendship and co-operation between Cook Islands and the three Smaller Island States, says the agreement signed between the Leaders.
All the four island countries are members of the Smaller Island States (SIS) of the Pacific Islands Forum.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media