- News : UN Chief poses for Time cover off 'sinking Pacific Island nation' of Tuvalu [14/06/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Australia's attitude to China "patronising and unfair" - Fiame [14/06/2019 - Samoa]
- News : Tuvalu agrees to host Polynesian Leaders Group meeting in August [14/06/2019 - American Samoa]
- News Feature : Papua New Guinea's most divisive PM is gone – his successor must learn from his mistakes [14/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : New Zealand's first female vascular surgeon is smashing stereotypes [13/06/2019 - New Zealand]
- Business News : Samoa's seasonal workers - the triple win effect [13/06/2019 - Samoa]
- Business News : South Pacific island progress linked to B&R dynamics [13/06/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Tickets for Samoa 2019 XVI Pacific Games on sale soon [12/06/2019 - Samoa]
- News Feature : How Dengue, a Deadly Mosquito-Borne Disease, Could Spread in a Warming World [12/06/2019 - United States]
- News Feature : Pacific Regional Workshop on Post Cotonou Negotiations Opens in Suva [12/06/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : New international airline for Tonga through Nauru partnership [12/06/2019 - Tonga]
- Business News : Legislation fix set to curb Illegal logging in Fiji [12/06/2019 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
By Makereta Komai, PACNEWS Editor in Majuro, Marshall Islands
Three Smaller Island States have established diplomatic relations with Cook Islands.
The formal signing was held at the margins of the Smaller Island States Leaders meeting in Majuro Tuesday.
Cook Islands issued a joint communiqué after its Prime Minister, Henry Puna signed diplomatic ties with the Presidents of Kiribati, Anote Tong, Marshall Islands, Christopher Loeak and Palau’s Tommy Remengesau.
“The agreement strengthens ties of friendship and co-operation between Cook Islands and the three Smaller Island States, says the agreement signed between the Leaders.
All the four island countries are members of the Smaller Island States (SIS) of the Pacific Islands Forum.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media