- Sports News : Seruvakula names strong Fiji Drua team to face Perth Spirit [21/09/2017 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Climate change requires most urgent mitigation measures, African leaders tell UN Assembly [21/09/2017 - United States]
- News Feature : Tackling climate change in Vanuatu [21/09/2017 - Vanuatu]
- Business News : PNG PM backs ExxonMobil [21/09/2017 - United States]
- Business News : PNG government exits Oil Search share register [21/09/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : At UN Assembly, Pacific small islands urge collective action against climate change impacts [21/09/2017 - United States]
- News : Pacific Islands Forum Chair highlights priorities for the Blue Pacific at the United Nations [21/09/2017 - United States]
- News : North Korea threatens H-bomb detonation in Pacific [21/09/2017 - Korea, Republic of]
- News Feature : Courage needed to stop sexual abuse epidemic in Samoa [21/09/2017 - Samoa]
- News Feature : Pacific governments commit to advance early childhood development to provide the best start to life for all children [21/09/2017 - Fiji]
- Business News : IFC-led survey reveals value of PNG’s Tourism sector [21/09/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Nauru President calls on North Korea to have dialogue with disputing countries in the Korean Peninsula [21/09/2017 - United States]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Samoa deserved to host the Pacific Games 2019, reaffirms the Pacific Games Council President Vidhya Lakhan after signing the host agreement with Prime Minister Tuilaepa Lupesoliai Sailele Malielegaoi Monday.
“When we got the bids, Samoa ticked all the boxes and came up with flying colors,” said the PGC President.
“Samoa met all the criterias from government backing and support to the availability of international sports facilities and two experts on the ground to facilitate, manage and deliver the level of competitions.
“By far, I am very confident that Samoa will deliver.”
And the PGC President Lakhan elaborated in a press statement;
“It is an honour to be back in Apia to formalise the Games Host Agreement with the Prime Minister and SASNOC President, Fepuleai Patrick.
“The PGC is very grateful that Samoa put itself forward to organise the 2019 Pacific Games at such short notice and that SASNOC has the full support of the Prime Minister and his Government.
“The PGC will offer SASNOC all of the assistance and expertise we can to ensure they deliver another successful Pacific Games”.
The PGC sincerely thanks the Prime Minister and Government of Samoa for its commitment to support SASNOC and fully underwrite the cost of staging the 2019 Pacific Games
SOURCE: SAMOA GOVT/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media