- News : Lord Tangi appointed interim speaker [19/11/2017 - Tonga]
- News : New Caledonia struck by massive earthquake [19/11/2017 - New Caledonia]
- News : Bougainville talks set for Moresby [19/11/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : COP23 – a success: President [19/11/2017 - Germany]
- News : 22 percent pay rise for Vanuatu Government workers [19/11/2017 - Vanuatu]
- Sports News : NZRL throws support behind yearly Pasifika tournament: 'We'd certainly be open to it' [19/11/2017 - New Zealand]
- Business News : ADB reaffirms presence in Cook Islands [19/11/2017 - Cook Islands]
- News Feature : No Support for Climate Change Victims as Fiji Sides With Historical Polluters [19/11/2017 - Germany]
- News Feature : Momentum Builds with New Financial Commitments on Insurance and Forests to Scaled-Up Climate Action by Governments, Cities and Companies [19/11/2017 - Germany]
- News : Norfolk ‘crushed’ by takeover [19/11/2017 - Australia]
- News : Strong leadership must emerge to drive Pacific COP climate ambition forward - Greenpeace [19/11/2017 - Germany]
- Sports News : Fiji send New Zealand tumbling out of World Cup [19/11/2017 - New Zealand]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Samoa deserved to host the Pacific Games 2019, reaffirms the Pacific Games Council President Vidhya Lakhan after signing the host agreement with Prime Minister Tuilaepa Lupesoliai Sailele Malielegaoi Monday.
“When we got the bids, Samoa ticked all the boxes and came up with flying colors,” said the PGC President.
“Samoa met all the criterias from government backing and support to the availability of international sports facilities and two experts on the ground to facilitate, manage and deliver the level of competitions.
“By far, I am very confident that Samoa will deliver.”
And the PGC President Lakhan elaborated in a press statement;
“It is an honour to be back in Apia to formalise the Games Host Agreement with the Prime Minister and SASNOC President, Fepuleai Patrick.
“The PGC is very grateful that Samoa put itself forward to organise the 2019 Pacific Games at such short notice and that SASNOC has the full support of the Prime Minister and his Government.
“The PGC will offer SASNOC all of the assistance and expertise we can to ensure they deliver another successful Pacific Games”.
The PGC sincerely thanks the Prime Minister and Government of Samoa for its commitment to support SASNOC and fully underwrite the cost of staging the 2019 Pacific Games
SOURCE: SAMOA GOVT/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media