- News Feature : Pacific regionalism guides Pacific resilience partnership on resilient development [23/02/2017 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Fiji and Israel: An unusual partnership [23/02/2017 - Fiji]
- Business News : European Commission removes Solomon Islands 'Yellow Card' [23/02/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- Business News : Minister to launch Samoa’s credit registry [23/02/2017 - Samoa]
- News : Kiribati rejected an investment proposal by a Russian businessman and politician [23/02/2017 - Kiribati]
- News : PNG PM O’Neill blames foreign affairs department for not paying UN [23/02/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Solomon Islands Police ready to be rearmed: RAMSI Special Coordinator [23/02/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Solomon Islands limited rearmament to commence shortly [23/02/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Australia's DFAT Secretary visits Solomon Islands [23/02/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- News : PM Sogavare, Ambassador Luo laud Solomon Islands -Taiwan relationship [23/02/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- Sports News : Telecom Fijiana named for 2017 Las Vegas 7s [23/02/2017 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Manu Samoa Sevens team named for Las Vegas Sevens [23/02/2017 - Samoa]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
United States Ambassador to Fiji, Judith Cefkin will continue in her role as the official representative of the United States in Fiji.
FBC News approached Ambassador Cefkin following overseas media reports that US president elect Donald Trump was recalling all politically appointed ambassadors.
She confirmed to FBC News that she is yet to receive any recall letter and in the meantime will continue with her duties.
“The current status of the issue is that in our system of ambassadors around the world there are number of us that are career diplomats and that’s my category. There are number of ambassadors that are close friends of the President of US whom we call political appointee ambassadors. So in the case of the change in ambassadors currently that focus is only on the political ambassadors. So they are making plans to depart their post and new ambassadors will be nominated for that post. But in this case as a career diplomat I will continue with my responsibility as ambassador, Ambassador Cefkin explained to FBC News.
Donald Trump takes over as the 45th President of the United States of America on January 20.
SOURCE: FBC NEWS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media