- News : Fiji inks revised MSG Trade Agreement that covers services and investment [20/01/2017 - Fiji]
- News : MSG chair postpones PNG leg of Melanesia tour [20/01/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Remengesau aims to maintain a ‘caring government’ [19/01/2017 - Palau]
- News : Diro shows interest in G-G’s position [19/01/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Poll job given abroad [19/01/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : Pacific Islanders Call for U.S. Solidarity on Climate Change [19/01/2017 - United States]
- News : U.S. national security handover to Trump bumpy, officials say [19/01/2017 - United States]
- News : Marshall Islands internet restored [19/01/2017 - Fiji]
- Business News : Nauru Airlines can fly to Guam [19/01/2017 - Guam]
- Sports News : New tackle laws 'may restrict Pacific players', says former Samoa captain Dan Leo [19/01/2017 - United Kingdom]
- Sports News : Tietjens taking small steps as Samoa coach [19/01/2017 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Venues upkeep costs State K12m annually [19/01/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
United States Ambassador to Fiji, Judith Cefkin will continue in her role as the official representative of the United States in Fiji.
FBC News approached Ambassador Cefkin following overseas media reports that US president elect Donald Trump was recalling all politically appointed ambassadors.
She confirmed to FBC News that she is yet to receive any recall letter and in the meantime will continue with her duties.
“The current status of the issue is that in our system of ambassadors around the world there are number of us that are career diplomats and that’s my category. There are number of ambassadors that are close friends of the President of US whom we call political appointee ambassadors. So in the case of the change in ambassadors currently that focus is only on the political ambassadors. So they are making plans to depart their post and new ambassadors will be nominated for that post. But in this case as a career diplomat I will continue with my responsibility as ambassador, Ambassador Cefkin explained to FBC News.
Donald Trump takes over as the 45th President of the United States of America on January 20.
SOURCE: FBC NEWS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media