- News Feature : HELPEM FREN: Just another point of view [27/06/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- News Feature : PNG Media Council to get legal opinion on cybercrime act [26/06/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : Keeping Australia safe through police-led diplomacy [26/06/2017 - Australia]
- Business News : No quick fixes’ to Pacific Tourism’s e-commerce challenges – We need to work together [26/06/2017 - Fiji]
- News : Vote suspended in PNG capital as three returning officers are detained [26/06/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Solomons PM says RAMSI partnership a regional success [26/06/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Fijian patrol boat training in Tasmania [26/06/2017 - Australia]
- News : WHO estimates 2 million deaths for physical inactivity [26/06/2017 - Fiji]
- News Feature : RAMSI hailed a success for regional partnership as final Enhanced Consultative Meeting held in Solomon Islands [26/06/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- News Feature : Trump order that could shrink California and Pacific Ocean marine sanctuaries moves forward [26/06/2017 - United States]
- Business News : Duty-free access good news: Fiji Trade Minister [26/06/2017 - Fiji]
- Business News : Bluesky sale on track [26/06/2017 - Samoa]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
United States Ambassador to Fiji, Judith Cefkin will continue in her role as the official representative of the United States in Fiji.
FBC News approached Ambassador Cefkin following overseas media reports that US president elect Donald Trump was recalling all politically appointed ambassadors.
She confirmed to FBC News that she is yet to receive any recall letter and in the meantime will continue with her duties.
“The current status of the issue is that in our system of ambassadors around the world there are number of us that are career diplomats and that’s my category. There are number of ambassadors that are close friends of the President of US whom we call political appointee ambassadors. So in the case of the change in ambassadors currently that focus is only on the political ambassadors. So they are making plans to depart their post and new ambassadors will be nominated for that post. But in this case as a career diplomat I will continue with my responsibility as ambassador, Ambassador Cefkin explained to FBC News.
Donald Trump takes over as the 45th President of the United States of America on January 20.
SOURCE: FBC NEWS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media