- Business News : FSM taps on technology for full tuna transparency by 2023 [13/12/2018 - United States]
- News : State of play at Tuna Commission negotiations hard to predict [13/12/2018 - United States]
- News : Pacific nations under climate threat urge Australia to abandon coal within 12 years [13/12/2018 - Poland]
- News : Labour standards push hopes for thumbs up from Tuna Commission [13/12/2018 - United States]
- Technology : Google and the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific host Asia-Pacific AI for Social Good Summit [13/12/2018 - Australia]
- News Feature : High seas tuna transshipments targeted for action [13/12/2018 - United States]
- News : Japan joins Pacific to oppose U.S proposals to increase its bigeye tuna quota [13/12/2018 - United States]
- Business News : New research reveals the secret life of FADs [13/12/2018 - United States]
- Business News : ATH receives approvals for BlueSky deal [13/12/2018 - Fiji]
- Business News : Debt management and investement planning critical for Pacific- ADB [13/12/2018 - Philippines]
- News : Fiji steps up the pressure for the adoption of a target reference point on South Pacific Albacore [13/12/2018 - United States]
- News : PM Bainimarama launches Fijiís first National Adaptation Plan [13/12/2018 - Poland]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The date for the Fiji 2018 polls could be announced as early as 01 April.
The Fijian Electoral Commission says it expects the Fijian Elections Office to be ready as early as 01 April to await the announcement of the confirmed election date.
Commission chairperson Suresh Chandra said as the country prepared for the polls, Fijians should check their voting details.
“I want to also mention that as we approach the date on which the election is announced, we have noted that the election plans are on par and that there are no surprises along the way, the Electoral Commissioner expects the FEO to be ready,” Chandra said.
The FEO launched the SMS polling venue locator platform yesterday as it stepped up its preparations.
According to the FEO, the SMS platform will ensure that voters had pertinent information readily available to them.
“Polling venue details published as early as February in an election year will allow the general public ample time to be able to firstly know where they are going to vote,” Chandra said.
Voters can send their EVR numbers to 1500 on their mobile phones to get details of their respective polling venues....
SOURCE: FIJI TIMES/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media