- Sports News : Star Fijian duo Kalione Nasoko and Eroni Sau sign for Edinburgh [25/03/2019 - United Kingdom]
- Sports News : Hong Kong Sevens immeasurable, says Olympic-winning coach Ben Ryan – ‘it is the soul of world sevens’ [25/03/2019 - Hong Kong]
- News : Coalition's Pacific bank misguided and has echoes of axed 1980s scheme, report warns [25/03/2019 - Australia]
- News : 1195 votes cast in Solomon Islands pre-polling [25/03/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News Feature : Reset required for DFAT-AusAID integration [25/03/2019 - Australia]
- News Feature : Protection of high seas is crucial to safeguarding vulnerable coastal communities [25/03/2019 - United States]
- Business News : Fiji Airways flight forced to return to Singapore after facing mechanical issue [25/03/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : Cook Islands Government surplus soars to $24million [25/03/2019 - Cook Islands]
- Business News : Experts helping Samoa launch new debt management system [25/03/2019 - Samoa]
- News : Tonga government backs action by King over petitions [25/03/2019 - Tonga]
- News : Fijian UN peacekeeper dismissed for sexual exploitation [25/03/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Leaders told to bring plans, not speeches to UN climate summit [25/03/2019 - United States]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Kiribati’s third diplomatic mission overseas has opened at the United Nations in New York.
The opening of the embassy coincided with the 68th general assembly of the United Nations which was attended by all world leaders, including President Anote Tong.
In her opening remarks during the opening ceremony of the embassy the first Kiribati ambassador to the UN, Makuriita Baaro said the opening of the embassy was another milestone for Kiribati.
She said the embassy at the doorstep of the UN would facilitate and fast track all Kiribati’s urgent requests and matters to the attention of the UN.
The opening ceremony was also attended by Prime Ministers and Presidents of Pacific Islands attending the UN General Assembly which include Samoa, Tonga, Palau, Nauru, FSM, Tuvalu and others.
The Office of Kiribati’s ambassador to the UN is the third Kiribati mission office to be established in other countries. The other two are the Kiribati High Commission in Fiji and the Kiribati embassy in Taipei, Taiwan.
SOURCE: RADIO KIRIBATI/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media