- Sports News : Key elements approved for future Rugby World Cup awarding [25/11/2020 - Ireland]
- News Feature : Fiji starts national consultations on action plan to prevent violence against women and girls [25/11/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : ADB to provide US$94 million to boost disaster resilience in Pacific [25/11/2020 - Philippines]
- Business News : WorldRemit and Digicel International Partner to Enable Mobile Wallet Transfers in Pacific Islands [25/11/2020 - Australia]
- News : PNG Court challenge adjourned [25/11/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : ‘Foundational and necessary change’ needed to heal post-COVID world [25/11/2020 - Switzerland]
- News : Patrick Pruaitch resigns as PNG foreign affairs Minister [25/11/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sports News : Tana Umaga won't rule out Moana Pasifika job but says he is 'happy at the Blues' [25/11/2020 - New Zealand]
- News Feature : PACER Plus: the case for [25/11/2020 - Australia]
- News Feature : PACER-Plus: the case against [25/11/2020 - Australia]
- Business News : ADB provides $20 million to help Cook Islands respond to COVID-19 [25/11/2020 - Cook Islands]
- Business News : Pacific workers to help pick NSW tomatoes [25/11/2020 - Australia]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Tonga will face Samoa in a 2021 women's World Cup qualifer in New Zealand next month, Oceania Rugby said on Monday, after the game was postponed in April due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Tonga were withdrawn from last November's Oceania Championships in Fiji after the entire squad was quarantined because of a measles outbreak in the Pacific islands.
World Rugby then gave Tonga a second opportunity to qualify for the tournament with the playoff against Samoa but that match was called off due to the pandemic. The pair will now meet in Auckland on Nov. 14 for a place in the 2021 World Cup repechage tournament.
Fiji won the Oceania tournament and qualified for the 2021 World Cup that will be held in New Zealand.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media