- News Feature : Surviving in the market space [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- Sports News : 14 more sports accredited in Fiji [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Protecting the human rights of migrants in the Pacific essential in COVID-19 recovery process, UN agencies say [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : Hopes for a Pacific travel bubble fading [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : From relief to Recovery: PNG's economy in the time of COVID-19 [10/07/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : COVID-19: Fiji records additional five border control cases [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Fiji's ratification of the nuclear treaty calls for new clear ways [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News : "It's going to happen again," says former New Zealand PM Clark tasked with WHO COVID-19 review [10/07/2020 - New Zealand]
- News : Tearful WHO director calls for global unity to fight the virus following U.S. pullout [10/07/2020 - Switzerland]
- News : Tahiti may host meeting to elect new PIF head [10/07/2020 - French Polynesia]
- News : Trachoma intervention reaches 8024 Nauruans [10/07/2020 - Nauru]
- News Feature : Pacific Climate Change study gains $4.5million [10/07/2020 - New Zealand]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fiji Parliament has unanimously voted to ratify the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear weapons.
The treaty sets out a comprehensive set of prohibitions against participating in any nuclear weapon activity.
While moving his motion in Parliament, Attorney General Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum clarified that the treaty also prohibits the deployment of nuclear weapons on national territory.
“This government have stepped in to offer a one of grant to veterans to support medical and welfare cost in 2015. The 24 survivors who attended the ceremony each received $9855 (US$4,429) from a compensation pool of $2.95m (US$1.32 million,” said Sayed Khaiyum.
There are already 81 signatories to the treaty including Fiji.
SOURCE: FBC NEWS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media