- Sports News : Victory [19/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Flying Fijians coach McKee names squad for final test against Maori All Blacks [18/07/2019 - New Zealand]
- Sports News : Kable shoots another Gold for Team Fiji [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Samoa PM calls on Pacific Games Council to address transgender concerns [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Pacific Mini Games to feature six sports in scaled down format in Northern Mariana Islands [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Pacific Games Council hoping for amicable conclusion to dispute with Tongan Government [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Pacific's fastest man reigns in thrilling 200m final [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Wisil completes historic Pacific Games sprint triple-triple with 200m gold [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- News Feature : Mobilising Urgent Action and Political Will For Ocean and Climate Change [18/07/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Vanuatu: First country in the Pacific to develop its Multi hazard National Contingency Plan [18/07/2019 - Vanuatu]
- News : Climate change main priority says new EU Ambassador to Pacific [18/07/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Climate crisis not science debate anymore: Kiribati civil servant [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
By Pita Ligaiula in Niue
Close to 50 people in the Fijian Community on Niue hosted an elaborate dinner last night for the delegation from Fiji attending the Pacific Community (SPC) conference this week.
Head of delegation and Fiji’s foreign Minister Ratu Inoke Kubuabola thanked fellow Fijians for their kind hospitality in preparing a big feast for them.
“I would like to thank you very much for putting this together. We were not expecting something like this. I didn’t even know that so many Fijians live here in Niue,” said Ratu Inoke.
Niue’s secretary to Government, Richard Hipa paid tribute to the contribution of Fijians to the development both socially and economically on the island nation.
“Now you see our brothers and sisters here that there is a special link between Fiji and Niue.
“I also like to announce that Cabinet has approved Fiji’s Roving Ambassador Litia Mawi as Ambassador to Niue and we look forward to her presenting her credentials to Cabinet. That will bring further partnership between Fiji and Niue,” said Hipa.
Former SPC Director General and Niue Premier Young Vivian also paid tribute to Fijians who contributed immensely to the development of the Pacific nation.
“How grateful the Niue people are about you good people from Fiji. They have done well for our country. They helped us in education, health, construction, agriculture and in all sectors of the economy. Please convey to your Prime Minister (Voreqe Bainimarama) our close relationship with Fiji. Fiji always looks after Niue and we are grateful for that.
"I’m honored to be here to say thank you Mr Minister, particularly for people who are here for quite sometime and serve our people,” said Vivian.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media