- News : Victory [18/11/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Game cancellation for Australia vs Tonga for round one of women's championships following suspected measles case [17/11/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Fiji thwart BaaBaas fightback to win Twickenham thriller [17/11/2019 - United Kingdom]
- News : Tonga PM Tu‘i‘onetoa ‘recommends’ three TBC journalists be suspended pending investigation [17/11/2019 - Tonga]
- News : Hopes pinned on Constitution to sway Cook Islands Parliamentary select committee decision on same sex ban [17/11/2019 - Cook Islands]
- News : Fiji PM tells Opposition to move on from the past, Opposition leader called on PM to resign [17/11/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Marshall Islands election may be focus for U.S-China competition [17/11/2019 - Marshall Islands]
- News : Agreement will see postal voting returned after Monday’s election in Marshall Islands [17/11/2019 - Marshall Islands]
- News : Fiji PM urges families to get their children vaccinated [17/11/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : This derelict mine caused a bloody war. Now Aussie companies are fighting over it again [17/11/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : New A350 Airbus will create opportunities for Fijians says AG [17/11/2019 - France]
- Business News : US$100m demand for gas project [17/11/2019 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fiji's Methodist Church President, Reverend Dr Epineri Vakadewavosa has been re-elected for another year.
This follows the elections of senior executives of the church Monday.
Reverend Vakadewavosa turned 70 last month which under the church Constitution is the retirement age for all ministers.
However, Communications Secretary Wilfred Regunamada says there are provisions which enable the President to continue.
Other candidates for the post included a number of senior ministers.
“Our president of the Methodist church now, he is the first president to reach 70 years old but still in office but he has one more year. So the constitutions and the regulation has its other explanation that allows him to be part of the candidate in this year’s election.”
The Methodist Church conference will end on Friday.
SOURCE: FBC NEWS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media