- Sports News : Fiji 7s coach contract expected to be renewed after Olympics postponement [26/03/2020 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Team PNG still focused despite deferral of Olympics [26/03/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Marshalls worried for seafarers caught up in Covid-19 restrictions [26/03/2020 - Marshall Islands]
- News : World Bank provides US$5.1m for Samoa COVID-19 response [26/03/2020 - Samoa]
- Business News : Foreign banks’ behaviour is ‘unacceptable’: Cook Islands Finance Minister [26/03/2020 - Cook Islands]
- Business News : Narita recovery flights rescheduled to early April: Fiji Airways [26/03/2020 - Fiji]
- News : COVID-19: Fiji wide curfew to come into effect from Monday [26/03/2020 - Vanuatu]
- News : Vanuatu State of emergency, curfew imposed [26/03/2020 - Vanuatu]
- News : 45 in quarantine centres in Solomon Islands [26/03/2020 - Solomon Islands]
- Business News : Fiji Employee FNPF contributions to be reduced by three percent [26/03/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : UNICEF scales up support in Pacific Island countries to keep children learning, as COVID-19 forces majority of schools worldwide to close [26/03/2020 - Fiji]
- News : 20 percent suspended pay for Fiji cabinet, MPs -COVID-19 response budget [26/03/2020 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
World Rugby supports the prudent and necessary decision of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee to postpone the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The health and safety of the athletes, fans, and everyone involved is our shared priority and responsibility and we believe the right decision has been taken in these very difficult and unprecedented circumstances.
"We look forward to working closely together in a spirit of partnership with the IOC, the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee and all other stakeholders towards the rescheduling of the Games and our belief from the outstanding Rugby World Cup 2019 in Japan, is that the hosts will come out of this adversity stronger and more committed than ever before to deliver an exceptional Games," World Rugby said in a statement
SOURCE: WORLD RUBY/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media