- Sports News : Pools confirmed for Womens Rugby World Cup 2021 [20/11/2020 - New Zealand]
- Business News : Fijians selected for employment opportunities under the Australian Pacific Labour scheme [20/11/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : How to craft a strong WTO deal on fishing subsidies [20/11/2020 - Switzerland]
- News : Public concern as Covid-19 uncertainty hits Samoa [20/11/2020 - Samoa]
- News : Climate crisis: ‘Nowhere near the finish line’ – UN chief [20/11/2020 - United States]
- News : Future of an entire generation at risk, as COVID-19 pandemic drags on [20/11/2020 - Switzerland]
- News : Samoa suspected positive COVID19 swap samples heading to NZ [20/11/2020 - Samoa]
- News : PNG political instability must not dissuade ABG Government in the Post Referendum consultations: President Toroama [20/11/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Fiji AG on ‘bomb’ probe – ‘Let due process take its course’ [20/11/2020 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Munster smash: Cameron inspires upset win over Blues 20 -14 to clinch State of Origin series [19/11/2020 - Australia]
- Sports News : Fiji Rugby Union accepts ‘harsh’ decision [19/11/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : Groundbreaking study examines cost-benefit of workplace responses to gender-based violence in PNG [19/11/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The new President of the Autonomous Region of Bougainville and the Party Leader of Bougainville People’s Alliance Party again reaffirmed his decision to endorse Peter Tsiamalili Jr in the up coming Regional by-election, left vacant by former regional member Joe Lera.
Ismael Toroama said: “The decision to endorse Tsiamalili Jr, who is the party founder of United Bougainville Front, is because of his understanding and experience within the PNG political and bureaucratic landscape of Waigani.
“He is a well respected young leader who has proved himself during our recent presidential election to finish of third.”
“I am honoured to be endorsed by my president and I have every confidence to serve him and our people at the regional level if given mandate by our people,” said Tsiamalili Jr.
BPAP and UBFP are standing in solidarity to promote and stand with young leaders who are passionate and have the enthusiasm to drive the Bougainville agenda with me.
“As a new president I am starting from a clean slate and I believe the seat of the regional member must have a fresh leadership starting on a new and clean slate.
“Hence my endorsement of Peter Tsiamalili Jr. However, it is preferential voting and so the people will have their final choice.
“Tsiamalili Jr will be running as an independent candidate endorsed by Ismael Toroama…together we will make it happen.”
Future PNG Political Party alignment will depend on its policies on Bougainville’s political aspirations.
SOURCE: POST COURIER/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media