- Voices : Govt’s Diaspora Unit in the limelight for all the right reasons [12/12/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Tahiti to host 2024 Olympic surfing competition [12/12/2019 - French Polynesia]
- Sports News : Jerry Tuwai to play his 50th tournament for Fiji at the Cape Town 7s [12/12/2019 - Fiji]
- News : U.S federal court ruling gives American Samoans citizenship [12/12/2019 - United States]
- News : Writs from Bougainville referendum returned to PNG vice-regal, PM Marape in Arawa [12/12/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Shipwrecks and Scars on Seafloor from Atomic Bomb Tests at Bikini Atoll Revealed by Scientists [12/12/2019 - Marshall Islands]
- Business News : Vocus completes $93m Coral Sea Cable System for Australian Government [12/12/2019 - Australia]
- News : U.S seeking further block on compensation for climate damage [12/12/2019 - Spain]
- News : MFAT confirms New Zealand as likely source of Samoa's measles epidemic [12/12/2019 - New Zealand]
- News Feature : Taiwan Pushed to the Sidelines as COP25 Climate Summit Concludes [12/12/2019 - Spain]
- Sports News : Ian Foster confirmed as new All Blacks coach on a two-year deal [12/12/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Hekari to host top Kiwi, New Caledonia, Vanuatu clubs [11/12/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Parramatta officials insisted Maika Sivo fly home from Fiji for an operation on his hand after a mystery infection flared up on his return home to the Pacific island village of Momi.
“Maika went to hospital in Fiji after it flared up. He then contacted the Eels and they requested he fly back to Sydney. He got home Monday night and went straight to Norwest Hospital,” Sivo’s agent Cameron Phelps told foxsports.com.au.
The 26-year-old winger is expected to undergo surgery on Tuesday.
Sivo had a breakout rookie season for the Eels in 2019, where he finished as the NRL’s top tryscorer.
He was recently rewarded for his stunning performances with an upgraded contract at the Eels which will see him remain at the club until the end of 2021.
Sivo featured in 25 NRL games in his first season and went on to represent Fiji at the World Cup Nines and in the Oceania Cup.
SOURCE: FOX SPORTS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media