- News : Victory [18/11/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Game cancellation for Australia vs Tonga for round one of women's championships following suspected measles case [17/11/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Fiji thwart BaaBaas fightback to win Twickenham thriller [17/11/2019 - United Kingdom]
- News : Tonga PM Tu‘i‘onetoa ‘recommends’ three TBC journalists be suspended pending investigation [17/11/2019 - Tonga]
- News : Hopes pinned on Constitution to sway Cook Islands Parliamentary select committee decision on same sex ban [17/11/2019 - Cook Islands]
- News : Fiji PM tells Opposition to move on from the past, Opposition leader called on PM to resign [17/11/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Marshall Islands election may be focus for U.S-China competition [17/11/2019 - Marshall Islands]
- News : Agreement will see postal voting returned after Monday’s election in Marshall Islands [17/11/2019 - Marshall Islands]
- News : Fiji PM urges families to get their children vaccinated [17/11/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : This derelict mine caused a bloody war. Now Aussie companies are fighting over it again [17/11/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : New A350 Airbus will create opportunities for Fijians says AG [17/11/2019 - France]
- Business News : US$100m demand for gas project [17/11/2019 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The Pacific Games Office is proud to announce that tickets for the Opening and Closing Ceremonies for the Samoa 2019 XVI Pacific Games will be available for purchase starting Monday 17 June, 2019.
With prices ranging from SAT$5.00 (US$1.89 - SAT$50.00(US$18.92, and a limit of about 6,000 tickets for each show available, tickets will be in hot demand.
“Ticket pricing has been set to ensure as many people as possible have the opportunity to witness one or both shows,” said Leasiosiofa’asisina Oscar Malielegaoi, Games Organising Committee Director of Finance.
With the exception of Triathlon, Sailing, Va’a, Shooting, Archery, Cricket, Golf, Lawn Bowls, Squash, Badminton, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Open Water Swimming and Beach Volleyball, which will be free entry, all other sports will charge SAT$5.00 (US$1.89) at the gate.
“The strategy is to ensure that price is not a barrier, enabling more of our people to get out and support Team Samoa and visiting nations competing in the Games.”
Leasiosiofa’asisina also confirmed that all children aged 15 years and under will gain free entry to all events.
“This supports the in-school adopt-a-country programme and also allows more children to be exposed to sports they may have never seen played before. The hope is that it encourages more families to make the most of the opportunity to attend the Games.”
Tickets for the Opening and Closing Ceremonies will be sold at the Ministry of Finance, at Level 2 of the Central Bank Building, from Monday 17 June to Friday 5 July 2019, 0930hrs to 1500hrs.
Ticket-buyers based overseas are advised to email firstname.lastname@example.org for online payment instructions.
The Opening Ceremony takes place on 7 July and the Closing Ceremony takes place on 20 July. Both shows will be held at Apia Park, with a start time of 1830hrs.
Over 2,000 students will be performing in the shows which will both conclude with a 20-30 minute fireworks display..
SOURCE: PACIFIC GAMES OFFICE/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media