- Sports News : Victory [19/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Flying Fijians coach McKee names squad for final test against Maori All Blacks [18/07/2019 - New Zealand]
- Sports News : Kable shoots another Gold for Team Fiji [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Samoa PM calls on Pacific Games Council to address transgender concerns [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Pacific Mini Games to feature six sports in scaled down format in Northern Mariana Islands [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Pacific Games Council hoping for amicable conclusion to dispute with Tongan Government [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Pacific's fastest man reigns in thrilling 200m final [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Wisil completes historic Pacific Games sprint triple-triple with 200m gold [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- News Feature : Mobilising Urgent Action and Political Will For Ocean and Climate Change [18/07/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Vanuatu: First country in the Pacific to develop its Multi hazard National Contingency Plan [18/07/2019 - Vanuatu]
- News : Climate change main priority says new EU Ambassador to Pacific [18/07/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Climate crisis not science debate anymore: Kiribati civil servant [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The Government of Vanuatu and the Pacific Community (SPC) signed a new Country Programme Thursday. As an outcome of an extensive consultation process started in 2016, this document will inform and target SPC's portfolio of activities over the next three years.
The purpose of the programming exercise is to ensure development activities are driven by the country's demand, as expressed in its own development and reporting frameworks.
Vanuatu's cornerstone roadmap is Vanuatu 2030, The People's Plan, also known as the National Sustainable Developpment Plan for 2016-2030 (NSDP). The NSDP sets out the national priorities and their alignment with the global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), to which the Government has committed. It identifies the country’s vision and serves as its overarching policy framework.
The Country Programme, in turn, will identify areas where SPC's expertise makes it a key implementation agent as well as a key partner to support key sectors of development.
Ralph Regenvanu, Minister of Foreign Affairs, International Cooperation and External Trade of Vanuatu, emphasised that "the new country programme marks a new way of working together. I am confident that SPC is providing unique and valuable services to Vanuatu in a way that is helping us to achieve the People’s Plan (NDSP) in a way that understands and respects our culture within the Pacific Community, tailored specifically to Vanuatu."
The Director-General of the Pacific Community, Dr Colin Tukuitonga, commended "the outstanding consultation process with the authorities of Vanuatu that leads to a changing partnership, based upon high-level ownership as well as shared responsibility and accountability. Integrated, member-led programming is a priority for SPC along the regional and global development frameworks."
Vanuatu is a full-fledged member of SPC, whose regional office for Melanesia is based in Port Vila. The Country Programme identifies key areas of work for SPC in Vanuatu....PACNEWS
Media contact: Frederic Ballenegger, SPC Communications, email@example.com
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media