- Business News : Fiji accedes to the agreement on port state measures [14/02/2019 - Italy]
- Sports News : Tahiti concerned about Pacific Games accommodation [14/02/2019 - Samoa]
- News Feature : A rising China and the future of the “Blue Pacific” [14/02/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : $503.73 million in remittances top Samoa foreign exchange earner [14/02/2019 - Samoa]
- Business News : Vanuatu export breakthrough to New Caledonia [14/02/2019 - Vanuatu]
- Business News : PINA head cites importance of content sharing [14/02/2019 - New Zealand]
- Business News : Pacific Islands government should consider seabed mining impacts [14/02/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Beijing intensifies lobbying of Pacific nations to recognise Taiwan as part of One China [14/02/2019 - Fiji]
- News : American Samoa, Guam, Samoa added to EU blacklist, Vanuatu removed [14/02/2019 - Luxembourg]
- News : TSI: money the focus of elections, Police arrest a man in Honiara for alleged electoral offence [14/02/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Fiji Immigration will extend or renew expiring passports to another 10 years [14/02/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Solomon Islands election chief appeals to citizen not to break the law [14/02/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Former MP for Tabiteuea South Tebuai Uaai has been formally declared the new Speaker of the Kiribati House of Parliament to replace the late Speaker Teatao Teannaki.
Uaai, 61, won over other nominated candidates Martin Tofinga, Dr Ueantabo Makenzie and Rutiano Benetito after 41 MPs cast their votes in a secret ballot at today’s 4th sitting of the 11th House of Parliament meeting.
Following the election, the new Speaker was sworn-in by Kiribati Chief Justice Sir John Muria.
Uaai told reporters outside parliament that his number one priority as newly elected Speaker is to ensure that he duly respects and honors his role as Speaker.
SOURCE: RADIO KIRIBATI/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media