- News : Preliminary figures show 40,000 people already vaccinated [06/12/2019 - Samoa]
- News : Bougainville referendum ballot boxes ready for scrutiny before counting starts [06/12/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : CSO contribution towards regional fisheries vital: FFA [06/12/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : WWF, Pacific-based CSOs outline priority tuna fisheries issues [06/12/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : ‘If you don’t transition from coal, are you really part of the Pacific?’ Ex-Tuvalu PM Sopoaga asks at COP25 [06/12/2019 - Spain]
- Voices : RNZAF brings Chrismas cheer in Guam [06/12/2019 - New Zealand]
- Voices : Give Fijian women and girls the gift of ‘getting back to school’ [06/12/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Israel Folau payout in Rugby Australia stoush reportedly $8 million [06/12/2019 - Australia]
- Sports News : Table tennis tournaments postponed [05/12/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Thrilling start to historic Futsal tournament [05/12/2019 - New Zealand]
- News : Ballot boxes returned safely and securely to Bougainville [05/12/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : Migrant families write songs of home and hope [05/12/2019 - New Zealand]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
A Samoan 7s player had to leave Dubai and head home to Samoa for a family emergency.
Manu Samoa Sevens player Laaloi Leilua's four-week-old baby girl has contracted measles as the deadly outbreak of the disease continues in the nation.
Samoa 7s Head Coach Sir Gordon Tietjens confirmed Leilua’s return home and announced squad changes on the team’s Facebook page over the weekend.
Tietjens says Laaloi has had to go back and deal with some urgent matters in Samoa and they wish him and his family very well.
Tietjens adds the team is feeling for Laaloi at the moment.
Paulo Fanuasa and Kelvin Masoe have been called into the Samoan 7s squad in Laaloi’s absence.
Samoa is pooled with New Zealand, Canada and Wales at the Dubai 7s.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media