- Sports News : Dream Fijian 7s selection for Volivoli [21/02/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Strengthening leadership capacity critical for nurses and midwives in the Pacific [20/02/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : PNG Commerce Minister Duma denies Horizon Oil Company allegations [20/02/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Travel between Torres Strait Islands and PNG banned due to fears over coronavirus [20/02/2020 - Australia]
- News : South Korea added to Samoa's coronavirus restriction list [20/02/2020 - Samoa]
- News : Tropical Cyclone Vicky heading towards Niue [20/02/2020 - Niue]
- Sports News : Tim Mikkelson selected for milestone tournament [20/02/2020 - New Zealand]
- Sports News : Olympic hopeful proud to fly Samoan flag [20/02/2020 - Samoa]
- News : ANU security expert calls for 'grand compact' with Pacific nations [20/02/2020 - Australia]
- News : Solomon Islands Government loan deal from China exposed [20/02/2020 - Solomon Islands]
- News : PM Marape attends roundtable discussions at the Israel-Pacific Island Leadersí Summit [20/02/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Vanuatu MPsí allowances under spotlight [20/02/2020 - Vanuatu]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Quarantine of export products should not be used as a means to curb trade.
Regional trade and stabilising economies has been a recurring topic this week.
Fiji’s Attorney General and Economy Minister Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum says that export markets need to realise that unnecessary quarantine procedures hinder trade.
“Trade standards are very important. This is why we need to also understand that quarantine should not be used as a means to stop our trade too, if indeed if it is not necessarily something that is highly required to protect the bio-security or the environmental standards of various other countries”.
Sayed-Khaiyum adds the Pacific is perfectly positioned to identify and tap into new markets sources.
SOURCE: FBC NEWS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media