- News Feature : UNICEF and WHO call on Pacific Island countries to strengthen policies on breast-milk substitutes [05/06/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Time to reflect on the importance of Pacific biodiversity during World Environment Day [05/06/2020 - Samoa]
- Business News : ADB's $5 million grant to support public investment management, fiscal sustainability in Nauru [05/06/2020 - Nauru]
- Business News : F$1.7m payout for 8,000 FNPF members [05/06/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : 103 Papua New Guineans to return from Fiji and Vanuatu [05/06/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Cook Islands border begins to open [05/06/2020 - Cook Islands]
- News : Bill focuses on Covid-19 measures in PNG [05/06/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : We will not drop our guard: Fiji Health Minister [05/06/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Fiji clears last COVID-19 patients [04/06/2020 - Fiji]
- News : ‘Global solidarity’ needed, to find affordable, accessible COVID-19 vaccine [04/06/2020 - United States]
- News : Number of female Members of Parliament in Niue drops [04/06/2020 - Niue]
- News : Three names identified as the likely new Speaker of Niue Parliament [04/06/2020 - Niue]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The number of confirmed Covid-19 cases in New Caledonia has risen to 10, a week after the illness was first diagnosed in two travellers.
The government has declined to give details, saying from now on the location of those testing positive will be withheld.
The new communication policy has been prompted by reports that death threats had been made.
The government says people displaying symptoms of the disease should contact their doctor and, once given instructions, visit one of the territory's four centres for testing.
Within a week, 15,000 test kits and two million masks are expected to be delivered.
Restrictions have been tightened since Monday midnight and all events are cancelled.
Anyone moving about has to carry a written attestation to justify their action.
SOURCE: RNZ PACIFIC/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media