- Sports News : Victory [19/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Flying Fijians coach McKee names squad for final test against Maori All Blacks [18/07/2019 - New Zealand]
- Sports News : Kable shoots another Gold for Team Fiji [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Samoa PM calls on Pacific Games Council to address transgender concerns [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Pacific Mini Games to feature six sports in scaled down format in Northern Mariana Islands [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Pacific Games Council hoping for amicable conclusion to dispute with Tongan Government [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Pacific's fastest man reigns in thrilling 200m final [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Wisil completes historic Pacific Games sprint triple-triple with 200m gold [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- News Feature : Mobilising Urgent Action and Political Will For Ocean and Climate Change [18/07/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Vanuatu: First country in the Pacific to develop its Multi hazard National Contingency Plan [18/07/2019 - Vanuatu]
- News : Climate change main priority says new EU Ambassador to Pacific [18/07/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Climate crisis not science debate anymore: Kiribati civil servant [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
With many high profile government officials all over the world expected to participate in Palau’s hosting of Our Ocean Conference next year, Palau has requested the United States government to assist with the security arrangements for the event.
Justice Minister and Vice President Raynold Oilouch told Island Times in an interview that Palau alone will not be able to handle the security for the event, hence, prompting the country to ask for assistance from the US.
Oilouch said that the security for the Our Ocean Conference will be one of the main topics to be discussed in the Mid-Joint Committee Meeting (JCM) with the US officials scheduled early May.
“We are very much aware that many heads of governments will be coming to Palau and we want to make sure that the security is adequate and that everyone is safe while the conference is going on,” Oilouch said.
The Our Ocean Conference is an event that focuses on generating commitments in the protection and preservation of the oceans. It is participated by various stakeholders from across the globe.
SOURCE: ISLAND TIMES/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media