- Sports News : Pools confirmed for Womens Rugby World Cup 2021 [20/11/2020 - New Zealand]
- Business News : Fijians selected for employment opportunities under the Australian Pacific Labour scheme [20/11/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : How to craft a strong WTO deal on fishing subsidies [20/11/2020 - Switzerland]
- News : Public concern as Covid-19 uncertainty hits Samoa [20/11/2020 - Samoa]
- News : Climate crisis: ‘Nowhere near the finish line’ – UN chief [20/11/2020 - United States]
- News : Future of an entire generation at risk, as COVID-19 pandemic drags on [20/11/2020 - Switzerland]
- News : Samoa suspected positive COVID19 swap samples heading to NZ [20/11/2020 - Samoa]
- News : PNG political instability must not dissuade ABG Government in the Post Referendum consultations: President Toroama [20/11/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Fiji AG on ‘bomb’ probe – ‘Let due process take its course’ [20/11/2020 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Munster smash: Cameron inspires upset win over Blues 20 -14 to clinch State of Origin series [19/11/2020 - Australia]
- Sports News : Fiji Rugby Union accepts ‘harsh’ decision [19/11/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : Groundbreaking study examines cost-benefit of workplace responses to gender-based violence in PNG [19/11/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The former Governor of the Central Bank of the Solomon Islands, Denton Rarawa, has joined the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat as Senior Adviser - Economics.
Rarawa took up his Forum Secretariat role this week, working from the Solomon Islands until he can travel to Suva.
Secretary General of the Pacific Islands Forum, Dame Meg Taylor said Rarawa's extensive experience and professional insights gained from more than three decades of high- level policy advice for the Solomon Islands economy, “brings significant insights and knowledge to regional efforts to recover from COVID-19.
“Our member nations have made it clear they are seeking support for COVID-19 recovery efforts as a key priority, and Denton Rarawa’s addition to the economic governance team bodes well for the regional responses we can provide,” the Secretary General said.
As part of his responsibilities at the Forum Secretariat, the Senior Adviser –Economics will be providing key policy advice and support to the senior management team and Member States on economic issues confronting the region. He will also lead the PIFS Economic Governance team.
Rarawa was appointed as Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Solomon Islands in 1998, taking up the post of Governor in 2008 and steering the country through the global financial crisis of 2008/09.
Most recently, he supported the Government of Solomon Islands in developing a targeted stimulus package in response to COVID-19.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media