- Sports News : Pacific Games athletes to stay in hotels, Total athlete numbers still unconfirmed [22/10/2018 - Samoa]
- Business News : IFC to issue Papua New Guinea’s first AAA-rated domestic bond to deepen financial markets [22/10/2018 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : PNGDF denies plans of Naval base [22/10/2018 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : 100 Samoan Seasonal workers get their chance to work in NZ [22/10/2018 - Samoa]
- News : Japan may consider visa waiver for Pacific Island nations [22/10/2018 - Japan]
- News : Winston Peters cautious about taking refugees from Nauru in light of possible law [22/10/2018 - New Zealand]
- News Feature : Maohi support for Kanak independence struggle [22/10/2018 - New Caledonia]
- News Feature : Chinese whispers and Pacific agency [22/10/2018 - Australia]
- Business News : PNG taken to task on trade investment [22/10/2018 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Air Niugini defers Shangai-direct fight [22/10/2018 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Samoa Government debt currently sits at $1.1 billion [22/10/2018 - Samoa]
- News : Solomon Islands Police yet to destroy cocaine [22/10/2018 - Solomon Islands]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
A 12-person ring in French Polynesia have been given jail sentences of up to 10 years for trafficking methamphetamine.
The head of the ring Yannick Mai has been given a 10-year sentence, which he will serve once he is extradited from the United States.
The main distributor Moerani Marlier has been given an eight-year jail term, of which he has served one while the case against him was being prepared.
One of the convicts is a former bailiff.
The group has been fined US$7.2 million for smuggling 7.2 kilogrammes of the drug......
SOURCE: RNZ PACIFIC/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media