- Sports News : $3m package for Pacific Games from official sponsor Digicel [16/12/2018 - Samoa]
- News Feature : Diplomatic dance around Japanese delicacy [16/12/2018 - United States]
- News Feature : Shark fins worse than their bite at tuna talks [16/12/2018 - United States]
- Business News : New minimum wage announced in Solomon Islands [16/12/2018 - Solomon Islands]
- Business News : Samoa PM's son is CEO of Finance Ministry [16/12/2018 - Samoa]
- Business News : PNG Watchdog keeps close eye on APEC assets [16/12/2018 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : ADB, Marshall Islands sign agreement to boost energy security [16/12/2018 - Philippines]
- News : Solomon Islands Parliament dissolves [16/12/2018 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Solomon Islands MP Manetoali charged on the eve of 10th parliament’s dissolution [16/12/2018 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Fiji's Court of Disputed Returns give time to respondents to file their response [16/12/2018 - Fiji]
- News : At COP24, countries agree concrete way forward to bring the Paris climate deal to life [16/12/2018 - Poland]
- News : Tuna Commission ended with positive measures in place [16/12/2018 - United States]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
A 12-person ring in French Polynesia have been given jail sentences of up to 10 years for trafficking methamphetamine.
The head of the ring Yannick Mai has been given a 10-year sentence, which he will serve once he is extradited from the United States.
The main distributor Moerani Marlier has been given an eight-year jail term, of which he has served one while the case against him was being prepared.
One of the convicts is a former bailiff.
The group has been fined US$7.2 million for smuggling 7.2 kilogrammes of the drug......
SOURCE: RNZ PACIFIC/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media