- Business News : Papua New Guinea vows to get rich in a decade [17/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Vanuatu Agriculture Ministry needs Vt40 million to eradicate Coconut Rhinoceros Beetle [17/06/2019 - Vanuatu]
- News : Resigning as Vanuatu Speaker not an option for Vanua’aku Pati MP [17/06/2019 - Vanuatu]
- News : Approval for new Australian coal mine bad news for Pacific, says climate scientist [17/06/2019 - Australia]
- News : Australia quizzed by EU and China on whether it can meet 2030 Paris climate target [17/06/2019 - Australia]
- News : Minister Kramer says he will clean-up the PNG police force [17/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Fijian Police Officer in UN peackeeping mission in Yemen [17/06/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : 9.7 billion on Earth by 2050, but growth rate slowing, says new UN population report [17/06/2019 - Switzerland]
- Business News : Papua LNG gas agreement to be reviewed, must focus on people, says Minister Kua [17/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Fiji budget will not reduce the cost of living: Opposition MP Tikoduadua [17/06/2019 - Fiji]
- News : UN oceans treaty ‘essential’ to combat ‘unprecedented pressure’ on the world’s seas – UN chief [17/06/2019 - United States]
- News : Tonga's PM 'Akilisi Pohiva unlikely to finish his term [17/06/2019 - Tonga]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
A 12-person ring in French Polynesia have been given jail sentences of up to 10 years for trafficking methamphetamine.
The head of the ring Yannick Mai has been given a 10-year sentence, which he will serve once he is extradited from the United States.
The main distributor Moerani Marlier has been given an eight-year jail term, of which he has served one while the case against him was being prepared.
One of the convicts is a former bailiff.
The group has been fined US$7.2 million for smuggling 7.2 kilogrammes of the drug......
SOURCE: RNZ PACIFIC/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media