- News Feature : Cook Islands State of Environment report endorsed by Cabinet [13/07/2020 - Cook Islands]
- News Feature : Healthy Environment = Healthy Humans: Discussing the linkages amidst the COVID-19 pandemic [13/07/2020 - Samoa]
- Business News : Rare time on land for Nauru fisheries observers [13/07/2020 - Nauru]
- Business News : Cook Islands wage subsidy: use it, abuse it – and lose it [13/07/2020 - Cook Islands]
- News : WHO warns that coronavirus crisis may get 'worse and worse and worse' [13/07/2020 - Switzerland]
- News : UN intervention needed on suspected murder case linked to global tuna trader [13/07/2020 - United States]
- News : NZ Opposition Todd Muller resigns as National leader [13/07/2020 - New Zealand]
- News : Fiji's Air Terminal Services workers injunction application denied [13/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Former Premier Sir Toke Talagi is expected to return to Niue [13/07/2020 - Niue]
- Sports News : Former All Blacks Pacific Islanders form first Hawaii pro team [13/07/2020 - United States]
- Sports News : Manu Tuilagi to sign for Sale Sharks [13/07/2020 - United Kingdom]
- News Feature : ‘Pacific Principles of Practice’ launched as a guide towards global human rights implementation [13/07/2020 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fijians who wish to travel to France or to any French territory now have visa application services from Suva.
French Ambassador to Fiji Jean-François Fitou opened the French Visa Application Centre in Mid-City plaza this morning.
Services will be open Monday to Friday with Wednesday specifically set aside for biometric data collection of applicants.
“The service that will be provided here is Schengen Visa, for France if you want to go to France, or for Europe, if France is the ever the main destination or the port of entry, offcourse we will examine the individual applications but this is the gateway to Europe”.
The operation has been outsourced to New Zealand company TTService.
As of 2017, Fijians had to travel to Vanuatu to lodge French visa applications.
SOURCE: FBC NEWS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media