- Sports News : PNG Government pays K1m for athletes levy fees for Pacific Games [17/04/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sports News : Hero of Nantes on hand to develop the next generation of Fiji stars [17/04/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Oceania Rugby U20s championship to be streamed live [17/04/2019 - Australia]
- News Feature : Young Fiji feminist election to CIVICUS board a huge achievement: FCOSS [17/04/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : Thousands to benefit from stronger, Sustainable fisheries in Tonga under a US$10 million grant [17/04/2019 - Tonga]
- Business News : Eight percent threshold for Samoa National Provident Fund contributors’ annual dividend [17/04/2019 - Samoa]
- News : Mouth cancer epidemic hits US-affiliated islands [17/04/2019 - Marshall Islands]
- News : PNC party stable and intact, says PM O’Neill [17/04/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : CTI Seminar report out! Promoting humane laws and practices in the Pacific [17/04/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Documentary focuses on challenges of parenting in the smart age [17/04/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : May 3 Protest will go ahead says Fiji Trades Union Congress [17/04/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Tonga's Supreme Court rejects Tongasat appeal [17/04/2019 - Tonga]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Scope and Objectives
[AU: The Parties agree to improve and complement their existing development and economic cooperative partnership in trade and investment related areas where they have mutual interests, taking into account areas of utmost importance to the developing country Parties] [PICs: with a view to assisting them to enhance their participation in international trade
“Taking into account the capacity constraints of the developing country Parties and the provisions in the various Chapter that encourage and facilitate cooperation and consultation, the Parties agree to adopt targeted measures to address the capacity gaps in the developing country Parties’.
The Work Program established within the framework of this Chapter shall assist the developing country Parties to implement their obligations under this Agreement.
Broader trade-related support to assist the PICs to enhance their participation in international trade shall be provided through the aid programmes of Australia and New Zealand. To that end, new and additional funding, to be channelled through a dedicated Aid for Trade fund in the aid programmes of Australia and New Zealand, shall be agreed bilaterally between Australia and New Zealand and individual Pacific Island Countries. The range of activities to be implemented to support the greater participation of the PICs in international trade shall include the following:
For the purpose of this Chapter:
Resources For the Work Program
Development and Economic Cooperation Work Program
(a) be trade-or investment-related and support the implementation of this Agreement,
(b) be specified in the Work Program;
(c) [PICs: Wherever possible] [AU: involve a minimum of two Forum Island Country Parties, Australia and/or New Zealand] ;
(d) address the [AU: mutual priorities of the participating Parties; and [NZ/PICs: needs of the Forum Island countries as mutually prioritised by the participating countries];
(e) Wherever possible, avoid duplication in relation to, and build on and complement existing economic cooperation activities and delivery mechanisms.
Focal Points for Implementation
Implementation and Evaluation of Work Program Components
Review and Modification of Work Program
[PICs: of the Forum Island Countries].
[AU: and available resources].
Non-Application of Chapter [..] (Consultations and Dispute settlement)
Chapter [..] (Consultation and Dispute settlement) shall not apply to any matter arising under this Chapter.
10th Intersessional Meeting
Discussions on Development Assistance
This paper contains clean copy draft text incorporating outcomes of the 9th Intercessional Meeting of PACER Plus officials.
Text that is not agreed is in square brackets and attributed as follows:
- “AU:”for text tabled by Australia;
- “FIC:” for text tabled by OCTA/FICs; and
- “NZ:”for text tabled by New Zealand.
Tex that is not agreed is as follows:
- Blue for text tabled by Australia;
- Red for text tabled by OCTA/FICs; and
- Olive green for text tabled by New Zealand.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media