- Sports News : Star Fijian duo Kalione Nasoko and Eroni Sau sign for Edinburgh [25/03/2019 - United Kingdom]
- Sports News : Hong Kong Sevens immeasurable, says Olympic-winning coach Ben Ryan – ‘it is the soul of world sevens’ [25/03/2019 - Hong Kong]
- News : Coalition's Pacific bank misguided and has echoes of axed 1980s scheme, report warns [25/03/2019 - Australia]
- News : 1195 votes cast in Solomon Islands pre-polling [25/03/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News Feature : Reset required for DFAT-AusAID integration [25/03/2019 - Australia]
- News Feature : Protection of high seas is crucial to safeguarding vulnerable coastal communities [25/03/2019 - United States]
- Business News : Fiji Airways flight forced to return to Singapore after facing mechanical issue [25/03/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : Cook Islands Government surplus soars to $24million [25/03/2019 - Cook Islands]
- Business News : Experts helping Samoa launch new debt management system [25/03/2019 - Samoa]
- News : Tonga government backs action by King over petitions [25/03/2019 - Tonga]
- News : Fijian UN peacekeeper dismissed for sexual exploitation [25/03/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Leaders told to bring plans, not speeches to UN climate summit [25/03/2019 - United States]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Front Page Limited (FPL), publishers of the regional Islands Business magazine, has entered into an agreement to purchase the online news service, Newswire Fiji.
Under the deal finalised in Suva today, FPL would take over operational control of Newswire immediately while both parties work to complete regulatory requirements within the next thirty days.
“We believe digital news is the future and are excited to get a credible product known for timely, relevant and independent news content. This is an ideal opportunity to expand our footprint,” said Netani Rika, FPL’s director.
“The immediate goal is to provide free and fair coverage about the impending elections and further down we are looking at rolling out similar products in the region.”
Newswire Fiji co-founder Calvin Prasad said the deal would allow FPL to leverage Newswire’s cutting-edge distribution channels.
“We are pleased Newswire has found a good home and am confident that under FPL’s capable leadership, it will soon become a major player within the Fijian media landscape.”
FPL is a Fiji-based company formed in 2014 after taking over Island Business International, a premier publishing group in the Oceania region for over thirty years.
Owned by Fijian journalists, FPL publishes the news and current affairs magazine Island Business, the travel publication Discover Fiji, and the Solomon Airlines in-flight magazine.
Newswire Fiji is an online news service founded in 2016 by Calvin Prasad and Verleshwar Singh and publishes news stories for the web, social media, email, and mobile.
SOURCE: ISLANDS BUSINESS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media