- Business News : FSM taps on technology for full tuna transparency by 2023 [13/12/2018 - United States]
- News : State of play at Tuna Commission negotiations hard to predict [13/12/2018 - United States]
- News : Pacific nations under climate threat urge Australia to abandon coal within 12 years [13/12/2018 - Poland]
- News : Labour standards push hopes for thumbs up from Tuna Commission [13/12/2018 - United States]
- Technology : Google and the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific host Asia-Pacific AI for Social Good Summit [13/12/2018 - Australia]
- News Feature : High seas tuna transshipments targeted for action [13/12/2018 - United States]
- News : Japan joins Pacific to oppose U.S proposals to increase its bigeye tuna quota [13/12/2018 - United States]
- Business News : New research reveals the secret life of FADs [13/12/2018 - United States]
- Business News : ATH receives approvals for BlueSky deal [13/12/2018 - Fiji]
- Business News : Debt management and investement planning critical for Pacific- ADB [13/12/2018 - Philippines]
- News : Fiji steps up the pressure for the adoption of a target reference point on South Pacific Albacore [13/12/2018 - United States]
- News : PM Bainimarama launches Fijiís first National Adaptation Plan [13/12/2018 - Poland]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Front Page Limited (FPL), publishers of the regional Islands Business magazine, has entered into an agreement to purchase the online news service, Newswire Fiji.
Under the deal finalised in Suva today, FPL would take over operational control of Newswire immediately while both parties work to complete regulatory requirements within the next thirty days.
“We believe digital news is the future and are excited to get a credible product known for timely, relevant and independent news content. This is an ideal opportunity to expand our footprint,” said Netani Rika, FPL’s director.
“The immediate goal is to provide free and fair coverage about the impending elections and further down we are looking at rolling out similar products in the region.”
Newswire Fiji co-founder Calvin Prasad said the deal would allow FPL to leverage Newswire’s cutting-edge distribution channels.
“We are pleased Newswire has found a good home and am confident that under FPL’s capable leadership, it will soon become a major player within the Fijian media landscape.”
FPL is a Fiji-based company formed in 2014 after taking over Island Business International, a premier publishing group in the Oceania region for over thirty years.
Owned by Fijian journalists, FPL publishes the news and current affairs magazine Island Business, the travel publication Discover Fiji, and the Solomon Airlines in-flight magazine.
Newswire Fiji is an online news service founded in 2016 by Calvin Prasad and Verleshwar Singh and publishes news stories for the web, social media, email, and mobile.
SOURCE: ISLANDS BUSINESS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media