- News Feature : UN information technology chief believes all girls should aspire to be ‘geeks’ [11/02/2016 - United States]
- Business News : American Samoa Government workers get pay rise [11/02/2016 - American Samoa]
- Business News : Simon Laurie appointed ANZ CEO Cook Islands [11/02/2016 - Fiji]
- News : Motion of no confidence against Fijian PM Bainimarama defeated [11/02/2016 - Fiji]
- News : Fijian Parliament unanimously ratify Paris Climate change agreement [11/02/2016 - Fiji]
- News : Ro Teimumu changes tune, accepts ‘Fijian’ term [11/02/2016 - Fiji]
- News : New Vanuatu PM good choice, says think tank [11/02/2016 - Vanuatu]
- News : Vanuatu records highest temperature [11/02/2016 - Vanuatu]
- Sports News : Fiji Rugby Union takes precaution for Zika Virus [11/02/2016 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Changes to Fijiana team for Sao Paulo [11/02/2016 - Fiji]
- News Feature : The human cost of the hottest year on record - Climate change and El Nino drove disasters worldwide in 2015 [11/02/2016 - Switzerland]
- News Feature : Niue parliamentarians boost oversight role [11/02/2016 - Niue]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Record number of election petition filed in Solomon Islands court
High Court registrar Gavin Whithers confirmed this at the close of deadline yesterday, reports the Solomon Star.
Amongst those being petitioned are former Prime Minister Dr Derek Sikua and newly elected MP for Small Malaita and former Governor of the Reserve Bank, Rick Hou.
Former deputy prime minister Fred Fono, who lost the Central Kwara’ae seat, also filed a petition in a bid to reclaim the seat, which he held for 12 years.
Businessman Jackson Fiulaua caused the major upset in the August 4 elections when he unseated Mr Fono.
It’s understood this is the first time a high number of petitions have been filed after an election. The High Court is yet to set dates for hearing.
SOURCE: SOLOMON STAR/PACNEWS
Most read Fijian Parliament unanimously ratify Paris Climate change agreement Zika spread a concern, Fiji lacks required laboratory for virus testing New Vanuatu PM Charlot Salwai calls for unity “Take El Nino condition seriously”- Remengesau Motion of no confidence against Fijian PM Bainimarama defeated Fijian born among 12 Ministers named in Vanuatu’s new Cabinet line up US keen in strengthening military partnership with Fiji: Cefkin New Vanuatu PM good choice, says think tank
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media