- Sports News : Great Britain set to face Tonga in New Zealand in first Test for 12 years [12/11/2018 - United Kingdom]
- Business News : Pasifika families and businesses are big contributors to NZ economy: Finance Minister [12/11/2018 - New Zealand]
- News : O’Neill: We must stand for Pacific [12/11/2018 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Trade, security on Ardern's agenda at APEC summit [12/11/2018 - New Zealand]
- News : Parliament gets makeover for Xi meeting [12/11/2018 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : New Zealand announces Pacific enabling fund [12/11/2018 - Niue]
- Sports News : Kiwis, Mate Ma'a Tonga and Kangaroos to compete in top division of newly-unveiled Oceanic Cup next year [11/11/2018 - Australia]
- Sports News : Australia and Fiji triumph at Oceania Rugby Sevens [11/11/2018 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Tonga beats French Barbarians 49-38 in 13-try thriller [11/11/2018 - Tonga]
- News : 10 Solomon Islands MPs investigated for corruption [11/11/2018 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Australian PM and Defence ministers outline new Pacific engagement plan [11/11/2018 - Australia]
- News : Marshalls’ President Heine calls no confidence vote reasons ‘a smokescreen’ [11/11/2018 - Marshall Islands]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
PNG Media Council executive suspended
MCPNG chairman Joe Kanekane confirmed Mr Kama’s suspension yesterday and announced the appointment of Lavui Bala on an acting basis.
Kanekane said the appointment follows the recent board decision of May 13 to stand down Mr Kama from duties effective as of the May 16.
He said Kama’s standing down is related to allegations of mismanagement.
Kanekane said the council wants to do a thorough investigation on the allegations in the next two months before taking further action.
Kanekane said the MCPNG board remains in control of the Media Council. The board is made up of all chief editors and executive directors of news organisations throughout the country including print and broadcast.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media