- News : Pacific to host 84th Extraordinary Outreach Session of the Committee on the Rights of the Child [26/01/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Six Chinese nationals quarantined in Nadi [26/01/2020 - Fiji]
- News : PNG, a haven for human trafficking syndicates: Report [26/01/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Lolo: Our peopleís lack of faith in govít will stall any attempt to amend political status [26/01/2020 - American Samoa]
- Business News : Official: Solwara 1 failed [26/01/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Pacific Islanders under RSE scheme now eligible for MMR vaccine [26/01/2020 - New Zealand]
- News Feature : It is time to change the definition of refugee [26/01/2020 - New Zealand]
- Sports News : NZ Sevens will move away from Hamilton next year but Fiji won't be hosts until 2023 [26/01/2020 - New Zealand]
- Sports News : New Zealand wins menís and womenís sevens series title in Hamilton [26/01/2020 - New Zealand]
- Sports News : Brexit providing huge challenges for European rugby [26/01/2020 - United Kingdom]
- Sports News : NBA legend Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash [26/01/2020 - United States]
- Sports News : Twenty-eight captains primed for an historic HSBC New Zealand Sevens in Hamilton [25/01/2020 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
5th Pacific Media Summit 2018
Greetings from the PINA Secretariat in Suva, Fiji Islands!
We have been receiving lots of inquiries about our 5th Pacific Media Summit in Nuku’alofa, Tonga from 7-11 May this year.
Below are some quick updates on preparations for the Media Summit;
Our theme for the summit is “Empowering the Media for Digital Challenges.”
“Many of governments in the Pacific have embarked on ambitious ICT policies in the hope that it will facilitate growth and transform their people into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. Most of these policies are centred on making available digital infrastructure, providing governance and services on demand and digital empowerment of citizens. The summit will explore opportunities and challenges for the media in a digitally empowered society.”
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media