- Sports News : Fiji Rugby Union sets date for local rugby competition to kick-start [25/05/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : UNDP hands over equipment for Tropical Cyclone Harold recovery in Fiji [25/05/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : Bank South Pacific reports K271million profit [25/05/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Fiji Airways announces 758 staff included 79 expatriate pilots laid off due to COVID-19 crisis [25/05/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Kiribati presidential elections to be held on 22 June – MOJ [25/05/2020 - Kiribati]
- News : BKM party confirms 22 members [25/05/2020 - Kiribati]
- News Feature : Pandemic in Paradise: The Challenges and Future Prospects of the Tourism Industry [25/05/2020 - United Kingdom]
- Business News : Cook Islands government pushing forward with deep-sea prospecting plan [25/05/2020 - Cook Islands]
- Business News : Australian TV networks in Pacific push amid China fears [25/05/2020 - Australia]
- News : Fiji Airways terminates over 700 staff due to COVID-19 [25/05/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Trans-Tasman bubble: Onus on Australia to sort internal travel first - NZ PM Ardern [25/05/2020 - New Zealand]
- News : Solomon Islands National Referral Hospital ready for COVID-19 tests [25/05/2020 - Solomon Islands]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
5th Pacific Media Summit 2018
Greetings from the PINA Secretariat in Suva, Fiji Islands!
We have been receiving lots of inquiries about our 5th Pacific Media Summit in Nuku’alofa, Tonga from 7-11 May this year.
Below are some quick updates on preparations for the Media Summit;
Our theme for the summit is “Empowering the Media for Digital Challenges.”
“Many of governments in the Pacific have embarked on ambitious ICT policies in the hope that it will facilitate growth and transform their people into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. Most of these policies are centred on making available digital infrastructure, providing governance and services on demand and digital empowerment of citizens. The summit will explore opportunities and challenges for the media in a digitally empowered society.”
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media