- Sports News : Fiji Rugby Union sets date for local rugby competition to kick-start [25/05/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : UNDP hands over equipment for Tropical Cyclone Harold recovery in Fiji [25/05/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : Bank South Pacific reports K271million profit [25/05/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Fiji Airways announces 758 staff included 79 expatriate pilots laid off due to COVID-19 crisis [25/05/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Kiribati presidential elections to be held on 22 June – MOJ [25/05/2020 - Kiribati]
- News : BKM party confirms 22 members [25/05/2020 - Kiribati]
- News Feature : Pandemic in Paradise: The Challenges and Future Prospects of the Tourism Industry [25/05/2020 - United Kingdom]
- Business News : Cook Islands government pushing forward with deep-sea prospecting plan [25/05/2020 - Cook Islands]
- Business News : Australian TV networks in Pacific push amid China fears [25/05/2020 - Australia]
- News : Fiji Airways terminates over 700 staff due to COVID-19 [25/05/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Trans-Tasman bubble: Onus on Australia to sort internal travel first - NZ PM Ardern [25/05/2020 - New Zealand]
- News : Solomon Islands National Referral Hospital ready for COVID-19 tests [25/05/2020 - Solomon Islands]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fiji authorities reminded about press freedom’s importance in tackling COVID-19
Reporters Without Borders (RSF) criticized the op-ed by the Fiji Military Forces chief of staff who argued that freedom of speech and freedom of the press can be stifled in times of national emergencies.
This statement was originally published on rsf.org
Read article More related articles
RSF 2020 World Press Freedom Index: Coming decade will be decisive for the future of journalism
“The coronavirus pandemic illustrates the negative factors threatening the right to reliable information, ...Netizen pushback in China: Sharing information and circumventing COVID-19 censorship
Despite China's notorious censorship regime, netizens have found ingenious ways to share COVID-19 informatio...
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...
28 September 2014
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...On Right to Know Day, UN urged to emphasise free expression in the Post-2015 Agenda
28 September 2014
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media