- Sports News : Tana Umaga names experienced Moana Pasifika squad [24/11/2020 - New Zealand]
- Sports News : Northern Mariana Islands Government praised for continuing to back Pacific Mini Games in 2022 [24/11/2020 - Northern Mariana Islands]
- Sports News : Fijiana extended squad for Rugby World Cup 2021 announced [24/11/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Reforms to improve Vanuatu’s seasonal labour recruitment system [24/11/2020 - Vanuatu]
- Business News : FSM, Marshall Islands receive $16.7M in U.S education grant [24/11/2020 - United States]
- News : Do more with less, and keep to multilateralism, Dame Meg tells international organisations [24/11/2020 - Fiji]
- News : COVID-19 tests still show negative, positive result: Samoa PM Tuilaepa [24/11/2020 - Samoa]
- News : As govts scramble for Covid vaccines, don't forget the Pacific [24/11/2020 - New Zealand]
- News : ‘Real hope’ surrounding COVID vaccines ‘cannot be overstated’ – WHO chief [24/11/2020 - Switzerland]
- News : PNG Chief Justice Sir Gibbs to hear Opposition application Wednesday [24/11/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Facebook must be regulated says Solomon Islands PM Sogavare [24/11/2020 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Fiji AG gives statement, Police appeal for patience in 1987 homemade bombing probe [24/11/2020 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fiji authorities reminded about press freedom’s importance in tackling COVID-19
Reporters Without Borders (RSF) criticized the op-ed by the Fiji Military Forces chief of staff who argued that freedom of speech and freedom of the press can be stifled in times of national emergencies.
This statement was originally published on rsf.org
Read article More related articles
RSF 2020 World Press Freedom Index: Coming decade will be decisive for the future of journalism
“The coronavirus pandemic illustrates the negative factors threatening the right to reliable information, ...Netizen pushback in China: Sharing information and circumventing COVID-19 censorship
Despite China's notorious censorship regime, netizens have found ingenious ways to share COVID-19 informatio...
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...
28 September 2014
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...On Right to Know Day, UN urged to emphasise free expression in the Post-2015 Agenda
28 September 2014
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media