- Sports News : Tonga’s success to reinvigorate Test schedule in season 2019 [18/10/2018 - New Zealand]
- Sports News : Revival in Samoan league comes down to player exodus claims Josh McGuire [18/10/2018 - New Zealand]
- News Feature : Ouvea – looking back, looking forward [18/10/2018 - New Caledonia]
- News Feature : Pacific nations aren’t cash-hungry, minister, they just want action on climate change [18/10/2018 - Australia]
- Business News : BPNG releases K100 note, 50 toea coin with APEC logo [18/10/2018 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Australian company pushing to open Papua New Guinea's first coal-fired power plant [18/10/2018 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Air Niugini and Kumul Telikom get new bosses [18/10/2018 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Confirmed: Chinese assistance for APEC a gift [18/10/2018 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : Isolation and Opportunity; Strengthening Justice in Remote Solomon Islands [18/10/2018 - Solomon Islands]
- News Feature : Conservation Efforts to Preserve Life Below Water [18/10/2018 - Fiji]
- Business News : $24m shrimp import bill [18/10/2018 - Fiji]
- Business News : Fiji bankers told to be alert : Financial Intelligence Unit boss [18/10/2018 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Papua New Guinea Prime Minister Peter ONeill and his counterpart Japan’s Shinzo Abe are expected to discuss on PNG’s hosting of the APEC Summit in November.
All Pacific leaders scheduled to start arriving in Japan today will also be briefed. Japan’s support for APEC PNG 2018 has been very successful.
In a brief presented the Japanese Government briefed: “To support the APEC 2018, we have donated to PNG 68 vehicles in total comprising 46 medium and small sized buses and 22 ambulances worth approximately 7.5 million Kina.”
“We invited 59 PNG government officials to Japan for APEC training from 2016 to 2017. “And in addition, a Japanese music instructor is currently training the military music band with music instruments provided by Japan for performance on the occasion of the APEC Leaders’ Summit in November this year.”
PM O’Neill will speak also on the progress of APEC among others.
SOURCE: POST COURIER/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media