- Sports News : 2019 Oceania rugby U20S Championship returns to Australia's Gold coast next month [19/03/2019 - Australia]
- Sports News : World Rugby to assist Pacific Island Players secure contracts [19/03/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Commonwealth offers closer cooperation to help ACP Group realise ‘full potential’ [19/03/2019 - Romania]
- Business News : Palau takes over PNA chairmanship [19/03/2019 - Palau]
- Business News : Sengebau says Palau senators misinformed on vessel day scheme [19/03/2019 - Palau]
- News : NZ and Australian Foreign Ministers in Jakarta for Indo-Pacific talks [19/03/2019 - Indonesia]
- News : Russia proposes to build Global Navigation Satellite System ground station in Palau [19/03/2019 - Palau]
- News : Palau requests US security assistance for Our Ocean 2020 conference [19/03/2019 - Palau]
- News : Fiji Military Forces co-hosting planning workshop with US Indo Pacific Command [19/03/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : Merrill rejected UBS' $1.2b PNG deal [19/03/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : ADB welcomes Niue as newest member [19/03/2019 - Niue]
- Business News : Vanuatu shipping registry challenged [19/03/2019 - Vanuatu]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Papua New Guinea Prime Minister Peter O’Neill Tuesday welcomed the Chair of the Melanesian Spearhead Group (MSG) and Spokesperson of the FLNKS, and Co-Chair of the Special MSG Leaders Summit, Victor Tutugoro during his courtesy call in Port Moresby.
PM O’Neill on behalf of the Government and People of Papua New Guinea said I am greatly honoured by your visit and warmly welcome you to PNG on this occasion of the Special Melanesian Spearhead Group (MSG) Leaders Summit.
“The Special MSG Leaders Summit which will be held on the 26 June, 2014, will also discuss the outcomes of MSG’s Special Mission to Indonesia led by the Foreign Minister of Fiji, Ratu Inoke Kubuabola, MSG’s candidatures for the post of the Secretary General of the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat, and the future of MSG following its 25 years Silver Jubilee,” Prime Minister O’Neill said..
He said Tutugoro was elected at the Assembly of the Northern Province since 2005, and has been the 2nd Vice-President during 2005 – 2009 Mandate. He is also currently the second vice-president of the Northern Province under this mandate (2009 – 2014), and in charge of “Health, Social Issues and Societal Issues", “Economy Development Division” and "Environment Division”.
"Newest Chairman of the Melanesian Spearhead Group (MSG); after having been the spokesperson of the FLNKS from 2002 to 2010, in charge of the external relations of the FLNKS since 2010 and spokesperson of the FLNKS at the MSG,” PM O’Neill said.
Meanwhile, Fiji will be sending a 100 member contingent of artists, performers and musicians for the 5th Melanesian Festival of Arts and Culture in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea this week.
Government’s Director within the Department of Culture and Heritage, Peni Cavuilagi said that “the National Organising Committee based at the Fiji Arts Council had mobilised a strong contingent that included officials to represent Fiji at the festival”.
The Fijian delegation accompanied by the Permanent Secretary for iTaukei, Savenaca Kaunisela, will leave the country today ahead of the opening ceremony on Saturday.
Countries that have confirmed participation for the festival include PNG as host country, Fiji, Solomon Islands, West Papua, Timor Leste, New Caledonia, Vanuatu and Torres Strait.
The 2-week festival begins on the 28th of June and ends on the 11th of July 2014.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media