- Business News : Cook Islands Superfund increases withdrawal limit from 15k to 45k [14/04/2021 - Cook Islands]
- News Feature : Forum SG Dame Meg Taylor statement regarding Japan decision to release ALPS treated water into the Pacific Ocean [14/04/2021 - Fiji]
- News : Double voting surfaces in Samoa’s elections final count [14/04/2021 - Samoa]
- News : Unofficial close margins can be swung by special votes in Samoa [14/04/2021 - Samoa]
- News : Two new COVID-19 deaths – PNG total deaths at 71 [14/04/2021 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Akaiti Puna wife of former PM named Cook Islands Party candidate [14/04/2021 - Cook Islands]
- News : Fukushima: Japan announces it will dump contaminated water into sea [14/04/2021 - Japan]
- News : First batch of 132,000 vaccines arrives in Port Moresby through COVAX facility [14/04/2021 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sports News : Pacific pathway to Super Rugby sealed with Moana Pasifika, Fijian Drua confirmed to join in 2022 [14/04/2021 - New Zealand]
- Sports News : A transformational and historic moment for Fiji Rugby as the Fijian Drua is welcomed into Super Rugby [14/04/2021 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Kaiviti Silktails record first win of the season [12/04/2021 - Australia]
- Sports News : PNG Hunters surge into top four after win over Mackay Cutters 26 - 14 [12/04/2021 - Australia]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Nauru is the first country in the Pacific region to receive full vaccines to cover 20 percent of the population under the COVAX Facility.
“Congratulations to the government and the people of Nauru!,” UNICEF said on twitter.
7,200 doses of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines landed in Nauru today.
This was made possible through the COVID-19 Vaccines Global Access (COVAX) facility. COVAX is co-led by the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI), Gavi and the World Health Organisation (WHO), alongside key delivery partner, the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
The facility offers a reliable supply of safe and efficient vaccines especially for Pacific countries like Nauru, who do not have direct access to manufacturers.
Nauru is one of the Pacific nation free from COVID-19.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media