- News Feature : Joint statement from the USP Academic and USP Staff Union on the cessation of Fiji's funding towards USP [25/09/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Why are there unexploded bombs in the Pacific islands? [25/09/2020 - Solomon Islands]
- Sports News : Tonga Rugby Union in danger of being relegated to World Rugby tier three [25/09/2020 - Tonga]
- News : Bougainville President elect Toroama sworn in [25/09/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Vanuatu Pacer Plus ratification imminent [25/09/2020 - Vanuatu]
- News : We mus feel the international solidarity against climate change- PM Bainimarama [25/09/2020 - Fiji]
- News : At UN, island nation of Palau speaks to interconnected world [25/09/2020 - Palau]
- News : UN chief and UK premier announce December climate summit [25/09/2020 - United States]
- News : If world handles climate like COVID-19, UN chief says: 'I fear the worst' [25/09/2020 - United States]
- News : Fiji Government says USP issue is not to be resolved via the media [25/09/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Land and Titles Court opponents “not Samoan”: PM Tuilaepa [25/09/2020 - Samoa]
- Business News : Westpac bank to pay record Australian fine over laundering breaches [24/09/2020 - Australia]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fiji Opposition SODELPA MP Mosese Bulitavu is being questioned by Police.
This was confirmed to FBC News by Police Spokesperson Ana Naisoro who says Bulitavu presented himself to Police this morning, accompanied by his lawyer.
It is believed Bulitavu is being questioned regarding his facebook post which has drawn immense criticism.
Fiji Human Rights and Anti-Discrimination Director, Ashwin Raj earlier filed a police complaint claiming Bulitavu’s comments are misogynistic and incite hatred.
Bulitavu is being provided legal counsel by lawyer Filimoni Vosarogo.
Vosarogo says he and his client are currently at the head office of the Criminal Investigations Department in Suva.
SOURCE: FBC NEWS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media