- News : Victory [20/09/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Kiribati switches recognition to China, Taiwan loses second Pacific ally in a week [20/09/2019 - Taiwan]
- Business News : ADB chief resigns mid-term [19/09/2019 - Philippines]
- News : ACP SG calls climate change "the most significant challenge to achieving sustainable development" at UN Meeting on on Climate Action and Trade [19/09/2019 - Switzerland]
- Business News : Commonwealth helps developing countries bank millions for climate action [19/09/2019 - United Kingdom]
- News : Kiribati Opposition claims government server diplomatic ties with Taiwan in favour of China [19/09/2019 - Kiribati]
- News : Australia says it respects Solomon Islands decision to switch to China [19/09/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Vanuatu Speaker's case adjourned [19/09/2019 - Vanuatu]
- News : Solomon Islands CSOs: rush to switch arrogant, undemocratic [19/09/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- Sports News : Rugby World Cup highlights 'climate injustice' [19/09/2019 - Japan]
- Sports News : Fying Fijians captain Waqaniburotu confident with side to face the Wallabies [19/09/2019 - Japan]
- Sports News : Radradra in shock Fiji switch as Cheika explains 'Pooper' return [19/09/2019 - Japan]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fiji Opposition SODELPA MP Mosese Bulitavu is being questioned by Police.
This was confirmed to FBC News by Police Spokesperson Ana Naisoro who says Bulitavu presented himself to Police this morning, accompanied by his lawyer.
It is believed Bulitavu is being questioned regarding his facebook post which has drawn immense criticism.
Fiji Human Rights and Anti-Discrimination Director, Ashwin Raj earlier filed a police complaint claiming Bulitavu’s comments are misogynistic and incite hatred.
Bulitavu is being provided legal counsel by lawyer Filimoni Vosarogo.
Vosarogo says he and his client are currently at the head office of the Criminal Investigations Department in Suva.
SOURCE: FBC NEWS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media