- Sports News : Seruvakula names strong Fiji Drua team to face Perth Spirit [21/09/2017 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Climate change requires most urgent mitigation measures, African leaders tell UN Assembly [21/09/2017 - United States]
- News Feature : Tackling climate change in Vanuatu [21/09/2017 - Vanuatu]
- Business News : PNG PM backs ExxonMobil [21/09/2017 - United States]
- Business News : PNG government exits Oil Search share register [21/09/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : At UN Assembly, Pacific small islands urge collective action against climate change impacts [21/09/2017 - United States]
- News : Pacific Islands Forum Chair highlights priorities for the Blue Pacific at the United Nations [21/09/2017 - United States]
- News : North Korea threatens H-bomb detonation in Pacific [21/09/2017 - Korea, Republic of]
- News Feature : Courage needed to stop sexual abuse epidemic in Samoa [21/09/2017 - Samoa]
- News Feature : Pacific governments commit to advance early childhood development to provide the best start to life for all children [21/09/2017 - Fiji]
- Business News : IFC-led survey reveals value of PNG’s Tourism sector [21/09/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Nauru President calls on North Korea to have dialogue with disputing countries in the Korean Peninsula [21/09/2017 - United States]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Voters in Wallis and Futuna have gone to the polls in a territorial election to choose a new 20-member assembly for a five-year term.
Nine members were re-elected, including the former assembly president Mikaele Kulimoetoke.
Six women were elected, two more than in 2012.
Thirty-one electoral lists contested the polls in which much of the voting was along family lines.
The main campaign issues had been the high cost of living and the departure of many young people.
The territory has the French republic's only three kingdoms, with the kings being part of the territorial administration.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media