- News : Vanuatu Government decides on the postponement of the 51st Pacific Islands Forum Leaders Meeting [02/06/2020 - Vanuatu]
- News : Fiji Government MP Sharma bailed over alleged domestic violence [02/06/2020 - Fiji]
- News : 'Fear will always be there': Covid-free Island prepares to bring home stranded citizens [02/06/2020 - Palau]
- Business News : Suspension of fisheries observers in place for Pacific until 31 July [01/06/2020 - Marshall Islands]
- Business News : Pacifical honours Kiribati tuna observer Eritara Aati Kaierua [01/06/2020 - Kiribati]
- News : Fiji's Health Ministry works to ensure no new wave of COVID-19 [01/06/2020 - Fiji]
- News : COVID-19 disrupting services to treat non-communicable diseases, WHO survey finds [01/06/2020 - Switzerland]
- News : Vanuatu pitching to be the place to 'Work from Paradise' as it vies to be part of a Pacific travel bubble [01/06/2020 - Vanuatu]
- News : PNG Police Minister: No time set to complete COVID- 19 audit [01/06/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Fiji Government MP to appear in court for domestic violence case [01/06/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : Fiji Labour market conditions worsened: Economic review [01/06/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Local COVID-19 response projects in Fiji and Vanuatu to benefit from UNDP’s support [01/06/2020 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Tonga’s Rugby League governing body have been expelled from their membership within International Rugby League.
A statement from International Rugby League said, “At its Board meeting on 13 February, the Directors carefully considered the position of Tonga National Rugby League, which has been suspended since October 2019, in the light of a wide-ranging consultation with stakeholders in the Tongan game.
“After that meeting, the Board wrote to TNRL, advising them of the resolution passed at that meeting, which is to expel TNRL from the membership. There is a process within the IRL constitution for dealing with membership issues, which IRL is following. TNRL has one week to appeal the Board’s decision.
“Should it choose to do so, the matter will be decided by the members in general meeting.
“IRL will be making no further comments until due constitutional process is completed.”
Tonga made the semi-finals of the 2017 World Cup but have been suspended since October 2019.
SOURCE: TOTAL RUGBY LEAGUE/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media