- News : Regional trust fund on meteorology proposed [18/08/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- News : PNG Women’s seats on card [18/08/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Misunderstanding postpones Tuvalu Parliament session [18/08/2017 - Tuvalu]
- News : First major contract awarded for Guam Marines base [18/08/2017 - Guam]
- News : Pacific Ministers remember Marshallese Climate advocate [17/08/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Pacific CSOs issue call for peace and solidarity with Guam [17/08/2017 - Fiji]
- News : French Polynesia takes further step towards Forum membership [17/08/2017 - French Polynesia]
- News : Voters head to the polls in Cook Islands by-election [17/08/2017 - Cook Islands]
- News : Axed Solomon Islands minister speaks out [17/08/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- News : US airbase on Guam ready for Trump order to fight North Korea [17/08/2017 - Guam]
- News : Robust science critical in climate change projects in the region: GCF [17/08/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- News : More Pacific consciousness needed: Australian Ambassador for Environment [17/08/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The Wallabies' 2019 World Cup picture is looking a little bit clearer, after Fiji qualified for the tournament on Saturday.
Fiji beat Tonga in a tight 14-10 clash to take out the Pacific Nations Cup and the top Oceania qualifying spot for 2019.
The result means Fiji will fill the fourth spot in Pool D, joining two of their 2015 pool mates in Australia and Wales, along with Georgia.
One of either Canada or Uruguay will complete the set, as the second Americas qualifier after the USA took out the North American qualifying tournament last week.
Samoa and Tonga will fight it out for the second Oceania spot that would pit them against England, Argentina, France and the USA in 2019.
POOLS 2019 Rugby World Cup
Pool A: Ireland, Scotland, Japan, Europe 1, Play-Off Winner
Pool B: New Zealand, South Africa, Italy, Africa 1, Repechage Winner (Europe vs Oceania)
Pool C: England, France, Argentina, USA, Oceania 2 (Samoa/Tonga)
Pool D: Australia, Wales, Georgia, Fiji, Americas 2 (Canada/Uruguay)...
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media