- News : Victory [17/10/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : East-West Centre Hosts Inaugural Micronesian conference of Leaders [17/10/2019 - United States]
- News Feature : Stepping up to the UN: Australia’s peacekeeping deployment with Fiji [17/10/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Study reveals justice needs and satisfaction in Fiji [17/10/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : Changes to Fiji employment relations act may be coming [17/10/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : Samoa PM to open buy Samoa made export to China exhibition [17/10/2019 - Samoa]
- News : Marshall Islands is elected to UN Human Rights Council, scored a major diplomatic victory [17/10/2019 - United States]
- News : Samoa prepares to host Chinese Vice Premier Hu Chunhua [17/10/2019 - Samoa]
- News : Norton Rose files key to PNG royal commission into UBS loan [17/10/2019 - Australia]
- Sports News : Fiji’s Lorraine Mar awarded ANOC Meritorious Award for her contribution to sports in Fiji and the Oceania region [17/10/2019 - Qatar]
- Sports News : Toea Wisil and Brandon Schuster awarded Oceania’s best female and best male athletes at the ANOC 2019 Awards in Doha [17/10/2019 - Qatar]
- News Feature : Tuberculosis infections declining, but not fast enough among poor, marginalised: UN health agency [17/10/2019 - Switzerland]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Solomon Islands Prime Minister Manasseh Sogavare, has arrived in Beijing for his first-ever official visit to the People’s Republic of China.
On arrival, the Prime Minister was met by government officials from the Government of PRC and was treated to a high level protocol arrangements.
The Prime Minister and his delegation later met with the Chairman of China Investment Trust and Investment Cooperation (CITIC) Limited, Chang Zhenming and the Chairman of China Railway Group Limited, Chen Yun.
The Prime Minister also laid a wreath at the Tiananmen Square monument to honour the People’s Heroes and followed with a full tour around the famous Forbidden City which houses the Palace Museum and former Chinese imperial palace and of which was the political centre of Chinese government for almost 500 years.
The Prime Minister is scheduled to meet the PRC’s President Xi Jingping when a number of Memorandum of Understanding (MOUs) will be signed in the areas of Education, Economics and Technical Cooperation and Foreign Affairs.
These MoUs will pave the way for both countries to stretngthen and enhance cooperation in each respective fields of engagement.
The visit by Sogavare is historical and the first- ever Official visit by a Solomon Islands Prime Minister to the People’s Republic of China (PRC).
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media