- News Feature : Frequently asked questions on climate change and disaster displacement [01/01/2020 - Morocco]
- Business News : China-Pacific Islands trade worth US$7.5billion in 2016 [20/07/2017 - Fiji]
- Business News : Vanuatu Government Ministries learn about the digitisation of payments [20/07/2017 - Vanuatu]
- Business News : ILO warns Vanuatu tax reforms could hurt vulnerable [20/07/2017 - Vanuatu]
- Business News : Pacific flavours to tickle palates at Auckland Food Show [20/07/2017 - New Zealand]
- Business News : BSP VISA DEBIT card fees reduced [20/07/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Two Independents align with PNC, adamant to form government in PNG [20/07/2017 - Fiji]
- News : More joint Fiji Navy operations welcome [20/07/2017 - Fiji]
- News : Media Association of Solomon Islands new executives elected [20/07/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- Sports News : Pacific Islands take first steps towards Super Rugby team with Fiji confirmed as starter for NRC [20/07/2017 - Australia]
- Sports News : Cook Islands Tangata names XVs squad for Tahito test match [20/07/2017 - Cook Islands]
- Sports News : Vakasama shines [20/07/2017 - Bahamas]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The 21st season of the ANZ Fiji Excellence in Tourism Awards (FETA) was launched in Suva on Monday 10th July, in partnership with the naming rights sponsor ANZ Bank.
FETA Trustee Dixon Seeto said that since its inception in 1991, the Fiji Excellence in Tourism Awards (FETA) has maintained its position to being the premier awards event in the country. “The launch today symbolises our strong partnership with our naming rights sponsor ANZ, who have been a great supporter and a key contributor to the success of FETA,” he said.
Seeto added that the main aim of the Awards is to promote and recognise excellence in the Tourism Industry, the largest industry in the country.
“Tourism plays an integral role in our economy and FETA contributes by recognising significant industry players who are constantly lifting their service delivery. Each year we give out the Excellence Awards in 13 categories with two Trustee awards, in recognition of the very best in Fiji’s Tourism Industry,” Seeto said.
“These are Fiji’s most prestigious tourism awards and it’s an honour to be associated with the ANZ Fiji Excellence in Tourism Awards for another season,” Country Head ANZ Fiji, Saud Minam, said.
Following on from the success of 2016 FETA event the Board of Trustees with the Organising Committee are working towards delivering another exciting season.
Seeto announced that the Award categories had been reviewed to include a wider spectrum of tourism operators and allow other players in the industry a chance to participate.
“After the review, the three categories we have modified are the Services & Support Industry, Visitor Dining Experience and the Destination Marketing. The Services & Support Industry will now be called the Specialised Tourism Services & Support and the Visitor Dining Experience has been changed to Culinary Services Category to allow entries from restaurants, event caterers, pubs and cafes. Destination Marketing has also been reviewed to align with the modern marketing concepts,” Seeto said.
Out of the 15 awards, 10 are for the business categories and three for individual categories. The trustees give out the prestigious Visionary and Lifetime Achievement Awards.
The 2016 recipient for the Visionary Award was Commander Semi Koroilavesau, whose insight into revamping Captain Cook Cruises helped boost the local cruise ship business in the tourism industry. The Lifetime Achievement Award was given to Mr John & the (late) Mrs Ana Birch, whose contributions to Fiji Tourism spanned over three decades including being a President of FIHTA and as owner/operator of the Sandalwood Lodge.
For the 2017 Season the Industry is encouraged to register online. “We are encouraging everyone in the tourism industry to participate and to register online before entries open on August 17th,” said Seeto.
The 2017 ANZ Fiji Excellence in Tourism Awards will be held on Saturday February 17th, 2018.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media