- Sports News : Kiwis, Mate Ma'a Tonga and Kangaroos to compete in top division of newly-unveiled Oceanic Cup next year [11/11/2018 - Australia]
- Sports News : Australia and Fiji triumph at Oceania Rugby Sevens [11/11/2018 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Tonga beats French Barbarians 49-38 in 13-try thriller [11/11/2018 - Tonga]
- News : 10 Solomon Islands MPs investigated for corruption [11/11/2018 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Australian PM and Defence ministers outline new Pacific engagement plan [11/11/2018 - Australia]
- News : Marshalls’ President Heine calls no confidence vote reasons ‘a smokescreen’ [11/11/2018 - Marshall Islands]
- News Feature : Neighbourhood watch on PNG's border security [11/11/2018 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : Finance, partnerships and innovation: Large ocean states pave the way to the 2030 Agenda [11/11/2018 - Samoa]
- Business News : NZ planned Pacific TV service not what is needed - expert [11/11/2018 - New Zealand]
- Business News : First floating hotel arrives in PNG for APEC [11/11/2018 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Three new Vanuatu Ministers appointed [11/11/2018 - Vanuatu]
- News : US Vice-President Mike Pence to throw down the gauntlet to China during PNG visit [11/11/2018 - United States]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
New Zealand will deploy a patrol vessel, a surveillance aircraft and more than 120 Defence Force personnel to assist with the APEC summit in Papua New Guinea next week.
The frigate HMNZS Otago will assist with maritime security, while a P-3 Orion will provide aerial surveillance.
Thirty Special Operation Forces personnel will also support PNG security forces on the ground in Port Moresby.
Foreign Minister Winston Peters said the security of APEC was vital.
He said New Zealand was also assisting PNG with diplomatic training and ambulance operations ahead of the summit.
“New Zealand has also been working alongside the Australian government in co-ordinating the capacity assistance,” he said.
SOURCE: RNZ PACIFIC/ PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media