- Voices : RNZAF brings Chrismas cheer in Guam [06/12/2019 - New Zealand]
- Voices : Give Fijian women and girls the gift of ‘getting back to school’ [06/12/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Israel Folau payout in Rugby Australia stoush reportedly $8 million [06/12/2019 - Australia]
- Sports News : Table tennis tournaments postponed [05/12/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Thrilling start to historic Futsal tournament [05/12/2019 - New Zealand]
- News : Ballot boxes returned safely and securely to Bougainville [05/12/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : Migrant families write songs of home and hope [05/12/2019 - New Zealand]
- Business News : Concerted action needed to address unique challenges faced by Pacific Island Countries - ADB [05/12/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Marape fires warning shot [05/12/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : US$10.7 million response and recovery appeal launched [05/12/2019 - Samoa]
- News : UN says online anti-vaxxers fueling Samoa measles deaths [05/12/2019 - Samoa]
- News : Extraordinary breach of legal rights in Nauru - Law Society [05/12/2019 - Nauru]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Chinese State Councilor and Defence Minister Wei Fenghe on Monday said China is willing to deepen military exchanges and cooperation with the Caribbean countries and Pacific island countries under the framework of the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
Wei made the remarks when meeting with attendees of the Fourth Forum for Senior Defense Officials from Caribbean and South Pacific Countries held in China.
The Chinese military stands ready to deepen mutual trust and consolidate friendship with the militaries of the Caribbean countries and Pacific island countries, Wei said, adding that cooperation will be promoted in such areas as anti-terrorism, peacekeeping and disaster relief to strengthen exchanges and cooperation under the framework of the BRI.
During the meeting, Chief of Staff of the Guyana Defence Force Brigadier Patrick West said Guyana would like to strengthen exchanges and cooperation with China and the Chinese military and jointly safeguard regional and world peace and stability.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media