- News : . [16/08/2019 - Kiribati]
- Business News : South Pacific Tourism Organisation welcomes Tokelau into the SPTO family [15/08/2019 - Tokelau]
- News : Fiji PM calls for urgent need for the world to step up its response to climate threat [15/08/2019 - Tuvalu]
- News : Vanuatu did not endorse Tuvalu declaration on climate change and survival of Smaller Island States [15/08/2019 - Tuvalu]
- News : Forum marathon reveals tensions over climate policy [15/08/2019 - Tuvalu]
- News : China sides with Pacific islands on climate [15/08/2019 - Tuvalu]
- News : Australia puts economy over climate: Tuvalu [15/08/2019 - Tuvalu]
- Sports News : Flying Fijians squad for 2019 Rugby World Cup named [15/08/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : New Manu Samoa players included, some opt out ahead of World Cup [15/08/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Tonga in good shape for World Cup [15/08/2019 - Tonga]
- News : Pacific leaders call for human rights action by Indonesia [15/08/2019 - Tuvalu]
- News Feature : China and allies challenge UN chief’s climate vision [15/08/2019 - Brazil]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Chinese State Councilor and Defence Minister Wei Fenghe on Monday said China is willing to deepen military exchanges and cooperation with the Caribbean countries and Pacific island countries under the framework of the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
Wei made the remarks when meeting with attendees of the Fourth Forum for Senior Defense Officials from Caribbean and South Pacific Countries held in China.
The Chinese military stands ready to deepen mutual trust and consolidate friendship with the militaries of the Caribbean countries and Pacific island countries, Wei said, adding that cooperation will be promoted in such areas as anti-terrorism, peacekeeping and disaster relief to strengthen exchanges and cooperation under the framework of the BRI.
During the meeting, Chief of Staff of the Guyana Defence Force Brigadier Patrick West said Guyana would like to strengthen exchanges and cooperation with China and the Chinese military and jointly safeguard regional and world peace and stability.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media