- News : Fiji PM tells Opposition to move on from the past, Opposition leader called on PM to resign [17/11/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Marshall Islands election may be focus for U.S-China competition [17/11/2019 - Marshall Islands]
- News : Agreement will see postal voting returned after Monday’s election in Marshall Islands [17/11/2019 - Marshall Islands]
- News : Fiji PM urges families to get their children vaccinated [17/11/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : This derelict mine caused a bloody war. Now Aussie companies are fighting over it again [17/11/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : New A350 Airbus will create opportunities for Fijians says AG [17/11/2019 - France]
- Business News : US$100m demand for gas project [17/11/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : Vanuatu nationals engaged in canecutting pilot programme in Fiji [17/11/2019 - Fiji]
- News : President Heine urges Marshallese to stay the course and re-elect government [17/11/2019 - Marshall Islands]
- News : Samoa Government issues state of emergency orders due to measles outbreak [17/11/2019 - Samoa]
- News : Heine Government determined to continue the fight for nuclear justice [17/11/2019 - Marshall Islands]
- News : Bougainville reminded to vote for their choice [17/11/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The French Ambassador to Fiji, Sujiro Seam has been appointed as the new Head of the European Union Delegation to the Paciﬁc Region.
The nomination was announced by Federica Mogherini, High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Aﬀairs and Security Policy. He is also the Vice-President of the European Commission.
Seams’ nomination is one of 43 worldwide that will come into effect once agreements are received.
He has tweeted “I’ve just been officially nominated as Head of the European Delegation for the Pacific. Honored to soon represent the European Union in this region.”
Sujiro Seam was appointed Ambassador of France to Fiji, in residence in Suva in September 2017.
As a career diplomat, he joined the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Paris in 1998 and first served at the Directorate of Legal Affairs.
He took his first overseas assignment in Brussels in 2001, where he was an Expert at the European Commission, in the Trade Dispute Settlement Unit, and then Counsellor in charge of Fisheries, regional Policy, Maritime Policy, Outermost Regions and Overseas Countries and Territories.
Back in Paris in 2009, he was promoted Assistant-Director for Food Security and Economic Development and then Deputy-Director for Development and Global Public Goods, with responsibility for Economic Development, Climate and Environment, Health and Human Development and Governance.
He was appointed Consul General of France in Houston in 2013, with jurisdiction over Texas, Arkansas and Oklahoma.
He studied at the National School of Administration (“Valmy” Class of 1998) and the Institute of Political Sciences of Paris.
He also graduated from the Paris Graduate School of Management and holds a certificate of Commercial Russian from the Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Born in Cambodia, Sujiro Seam is married with two children.
SOURCE: ISLANDS BUSINESS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media