- Sports News : Vanuatu's Shing and Solomon runner Firisua top athletes at Mini Games [15/12/2017 - Vanuatu]
- Sports News : Cook Island’s Taea outclassed track queen in 200m race [14/12/2017 - Vanuatu]
- News Feature : 20th Conference of Commonwealth Education Ministers – 20CCEM [14/12/2017 - United Kingdom]
- News : Nauru president, Jokowi talk about maritime affairs [14/12/2017 - Indonesia]
- News : PNG doctors call off strike [14/12/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Soltuna exports first canned tuna products to US market [14/12/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Japan to host PALM8 [14/12/2017 - Fiji]
- Business News : Fiji Airways Extends Codeshare Arrangement with Cathay Pacific [14/12/2017 - Fiji]
- Business News : Big and small in PNG [14/12/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Nominations to be PM of Tonga closes [14/12/2017 - Tonga]
- News : Informing action: Pacific nations unite on the environment [14/12/2017 - Fiji]
- News : Teenager murdered in sensless shooting by PNG police [14/12/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
PORT VILA, 06 DECEMBER 2017 (ONOC) --- Tonga’s Minister for Justice, Sione Vuna Fa’otusia says his government looks forward to the legal challenge contemplated by the Pacific Games Council (PGC) for his government’s withdrawal from the Host Country contract for the 2019 Pacific Games.
“Bring it on, we always like a challenge,” said Fa’otusia during the Sports Ministers Meeting in Vanuatu.
PGC president Vidya Lakhan had told the meeting the withdrawal of Tonga in hosting the 2019 Pacific Games is “subject to legal action”.
“You all, no doubt, will be aware that the Tongan Government withdrew its support to host the 2019 Pacific Games.
“The Pacific Games Council sees this as a breach of contract entered into between the Tongan Government, the Tongan Pacific Games Association and the Pacific Games Council.”
He said the Council is pleased to have secured Samoa as the new host for the 2019 Pacific Games.
“We thank the Samoan Prime Minister and his government for their support and cooperation in this regard, said Lakhan... PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media