- Technology : Up to 3,000 Students to Benefit from Digital Connectivity Project [23/04/2019 - Fiji]
- Lifestyle : Samoan shares spotlight with Greta Thunberg as leading global climate activists [23/04/2019 - Samoa]
- Voices : PMN appoints Sela Aloa as new GM of Content [23/04/2019 - New Zealand]
- Sports News : NRL reveals 12 nations in nines tournament [23/04/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Local media ignored as Pacific Games awards broadcasting rights to Melanesia Media Group [23/04/2019 - Samoa]
- News : PNG Government intact, says PM O'Neill [23/04/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : The Belt and Road Initiative Brings New Opportunities for China-Vanuatu Cooperation [23/04/2019 - Vanuatu]
- News : Enforce death penalty: Steven [23/04/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : We need to redirect now before itís too late, says Solomon Islands PM candidate [23/04/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News : UNESCO bid for Polynesia tattooing decried [23/04/2019 - French Polynesia]
- Business News : Undersea cable project set to commence [23/04/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News Feature : Pacific climate migration a political tug of war [23/04/2019 - Kiribati]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The Fijian Elections Office has commenced pre-polling for the 2018 General Election.
Electoral Commission, Chair, Suresh Chandra while opening pre-polling at Nalidi village, says pre-poll will take place from today right up until Saturday.
Chandra says voters who are voting under pre-poll are required to vote only in the pre-poll areas which are assigned to them.
He said pre-poll will be conducted at 138 venues around the country today with 23 venues in the Central Division, 49 in the Eastern Division, 28 in the Northern Division and 38 in the Western Division.
A total of 15,609 voters are expected to cast their vote today.
Chandra says the ballots that will be cast today will be transported to a central location for counting on election night....
SOURCE: FBC NEWS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media