- News : Vote of No Confidence queried [22/01/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Polling date in Solomon Islands to be announced next month [22/01/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News : PM Scott Morrison's Pacific 'step up' hailed a success [22/01/2019 - Australia]
- News : Palau drops Kosovo recognition in favour of Serbia [22/01/2019 - Palau]
- Business News : Fiji to receive health boost thanks to Canberra Company [22/01/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : Tongan fibre-optic cable outage relieved by satellite [22/01/2019 - Tonga]
- News Feature : Competing Pacific narratives [22/01/2019 - Australia]
- News Feature : US-China battle for dominance extends across Pacific, above and below the sea [22/01/2019 - Hong Kong]
- Voices : Pacific Media Network reaches milestone [22/01/2019 - New Zealand]
- Sports News : Tabakaucoro qualifies for Pacific Games in Samoa [22/01/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : 'Everything crashed' - Fekitoa opens up about decision to leave both Tonga and New Zealand [22/01/2019 - New Zealand]
- News : Chinese flags angers Samoan MP [21/01/2019 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The Fijian Elections Office has commenced pre-polling for the 2018 General Election.
Electoral Commission, Chair, Suresh Chandra while opening pre-polling at Nalidi village, says pre-poll will take place from today right up until Saturday.
Chandra says voters who are voting under pre-poll are required to vote only in the pre-poll areas which are assigned to them.
He said pre-poll will be conducted at 138 venues around the country today with 23 venues in the Central Division, 49 in the Eastern Division, 28 in the Northern Division and 38 in the Western Division.
A total of 15,609 voters are expected to cast their vote today.
Chandra says the ballots that will be cast today will be transported to a central location for counting on election night....
SOURCE: FBC NEWS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media