- Sports News : PNG Prime Minister wants to bring in Pacquiao [05/12/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : New Zealand out to defend title at World Rugby Sevens Series opener in Dubai [05/12/2019 - United Arab Emirates]
- Sports News : Women's squads confirmed for Dubai [05/12/2019 - United Arab Emirates]
- Sports News : 'We didn't back down over Folau' - says Rugby Australia [05/12/2019 - Australia]
- News Feature : Climate change displacing one person every two seconds, Oxfam report says [05/12/2019 - Australia]
- Business News : Insufficient space on Air Vanuatu to export tuna [04/12/2019 - Vanuatu]
- News : The Hague must recognise ecocide [04/12/2019 - Vanuatu]
- News : Pacific islands should strengthen ties with U.S, says Marshall Islands Speaker [04/12/2019 - Marshall Islands]
- Business News : Installation of Manatua cable for Niue gets underway [04/12/2019 - Niue]
- News : UNICEF on Samoa measles outbreak: 'The situation is huge' [04/12/2019 - Samoa]
- News : UN75 conversation to begin in the Pacific [04/12/2019 - Fiji]
- News : WWF urges Pacific tuna fishing nations to act now to stop oceanic whitetip shark from going extinct [04/12/2019 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The United Nation Field Staff Union (UNFSU) has announced the passing of three staff members in a recent bombing incident in Benghazi.
They offer their deepest condolences to the families and friends of all the victims.
Clive Peck, Fijian Seniloli ‘Tabs” Tabuatausole and Hussein Elhader were working tirelessly, for UNSMIL, to give a more secure future and peace to the people of Libya.
They commemorate their ultimate sacrifice, in the cause of peace.
The attack on Saturday occurred even as the country’s warring sides said they had accepted a cease-fire proposed by the United Nations aimed at stopping combat in the capital, Tripoli, during an upcoming Muslim holiday.
Meanwhile, Fijian Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama has sent his condolences to the family of a Fijian killed in a car-bomb in Libya on Saturday.
Bainimarama on his official Twitter page says ‘today we mourn the death of one of our own who was senselessly killed in a car bomb’.
SOURCE: FBC NEWS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media