- Business News : Cook Islands cleared of tax haven stigma [24/02/2020 - Cook Islands]
- Business News : Fiji Hotel and Tourism Association raises concern about unregulated AirBnB [24/02/2020 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Cronulla Sharks, clubs express interest in PNG match after trial success [24/02/2020 - Australia]
- Sports News : Cronulla Sharks exploring the Pacific [24/02/2020 - Australia]
- Sports News : Tonga 7s seal spot in World Series Qualifier [24/02/2020 - Tonga]
- News : PNG's PM warns of risk in deciding on Bougainville too soon [24/02/2020 - New Zealand]
- News : NZ Prime Minister accorded a traditional welcoming ceremony in Fiji [24/02/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Former Kiribati president weighs in on proposal for Grand Compact for Pacific [24/02/2020 - Kiribati]
- News : USD$100b proposed loan surprises China officials in Solomon Islands [24/02/2020 - Solomon Islands]
- News Feature : Building together: Civil society a key partner in delivering Pacific infrastructure [24/02/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : Pacific Labour Scheme: Beefing up Australia’s meat industry [24/02/2020 - Australia]
- Business News : Deal deadlock threatens plans to double PNG gas production [24/02/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The United Nation Field Staff Union (UNFSU) has announced the passing of three staff members in a recent bombing incident in Benghazi.
They offer their deepest condolences to the families and friends of all the victims.
Clive Peck, Fijian Seniloli ‘Tabs” Tabuatausole and Hussein Elhader were working tirelessly, for UNSMIL, to give a more secure future and peace to the people of Libya.
They commemorate their ultimate sacrifice, in the cause of peace.
The attack on Saturday occurred even as the country’s warring sides said they had accepted a cease-fire proposed by the United Nations aimed at stopping combat in the capital, Tripoli, during an upcoming Muslim holiday.
Meanwhile, Fijian Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama has sent his condolences to the family of a Fijian killed in a car-bomb in Libya on Saturday.
Bainimarama on his official Twitter page says ‘today we mourn the death of one of our own who was senselessly killed in a car bomb’.
SOURCE: FBC NEWS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media