- Sports News : Wallabies World cup squad named [22/08/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : ONOC praise Tokyo 2020 as Chef de Mission Seminar concludes [22/08/2019 - Japan]
- Sports News : Heat mitigation top of the agenda at Tokyo 2020 seminar [22/08/2019 - Japan]
- Business News : Additional $3 million in funding to flow from the Nauru Phosphate Royalties Trust [22/08/2019 - Nauru]
- Business News : Fiji National Provident Fund buys 20 percent EFL shares worth $220m [22/08/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : China Pacific Tourism Year Initiative gains momentum [22/08/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Pacific Forum chief 'positive' on Tuvalu summit outcome [22/08/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Pacific countries push for their rights as stewards of the ocean to reflected in new global BBNJ treaty [22/08/2019 - United States]
- News : FSM calls for respect for sovereignty in BBNJ treaty [22/08/2019 - United States]
- News : Women must come to the fore of peace and security: Samoa PM [22/08/2019 - Samoa]
- News Feature : We need to challenge climate change doubters before itís too late [22/08/2019 - United Kingdom]
- Business News : Fiji Airways defends its Tuvalu fares [22/08/2019 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Papua New Guinea Prime Minister Peter O’Neill has joined world leaders in condemning the massacre of people attending Friday prayers at two mosques in New Zealand, calling it despicable and disgusting.
So far, 50 have been reported dead, while more than 30 are being treated in hospital — 12 of them including a four-year-old, in critical condition.
“New Zealand is one of the most peaceful and culturally open countries in the world, which makes this vicious attack even more disgusting,” he said.
“I extend our support to Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern as she and her Government manage the aftermath of this attack and the trauma that it brings upon the country. The thoughts and prayers of Papua New Guineans are with our brothers and sisters in New Zealand as the nation comes to terms with this despicable act.
“May like-minded countries around the world continue to work together to prevent such attacks in the future,” he said.
Australian-born Brenton Harrison Tarrant, 28, appeared in court on Saturday. He entered no plea to one count of murder. Officials said he would face additional charges and make another court appearance in April.
SOURCE: THE NATIONALPACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media