- Sports News : 2019 Oceania rugby U20S Championship returns to Australia's Gold coast next month [19/03/2019 - Australia]
- Sports News : World Rugby to assist Pacific Island Players secure contracts [19/03/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Commonwealth offers closer cooperation to help ACP Group realise ‘full potential’ [19/03/2019 - Romania]
- Business News : Palau takes over PNA chairmanship [19/03/2019 - Palau]
- Business News : Sengebau says Palau senators misinformed on vessel day scheme [19/03/2019 - Palau]
- News : NZ and Australian Foreign Ministers in Jakarta for Indo-Pacific talks [19/03/2019 - Indonesia]
- News : Russia proposes to build Global Navigation Satellite System ground station in Palau [19/03/2019 - Palau]
- News : Palau requests US security assistance for Our Ocean 2020 conference [19/03/2019 - Palau]
- News : Fiji Military Forces co-hosting planning workshop with US Indo Pacific Command [19/03/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : Merrill rejected UBS' $1.2b PNG deal [19/03/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : ADB welcomes Niue as newest member [19/03/2019 - Niue]
- Business News : Vanuatu shipping registry challenged [19/03/2019 - Vanuatu]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) has joined the search for a Tuvalu man who failed to return home from a fishing trip on Monday evening.
Air Commodore Andrew Clark, the Air Component Commander, said a Royal New Zealand Air Force P-3K2 Orion aircraft left Whenuapai air base early this morning and was expected to reach the search area about midday.
The Fiji Maritime Surveillance Rescue Coordination Centre (FMSRCC), which requested NZDF assistance late on Wednesday, said the man had gone fishing for the day near Nukufetau, an atoll about 96 kilometres north of Funafuti, Tuvalu’s capital.
No personal locator beacon had been detected in the area, and the FMSRCC said seven local boats had been searching for the missing man since Tuesday.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media