- Sports News : Gareth Baber is new Fiji 7s coach [27/10/2016 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Adams named as Pacific Sports Ambassador [27/10/2016 - New Zealand]
- Business News : Chefs for Development: a powerful synergy between agriculture and cuisine [27/10/2016 - Cayman Islands]
- News : Countries OK world's largest marine reserve in Antarctica [27/10/2016 - New Zealand]
- News : Pacific Breeze Fisheries fined for oil discharges in America Samoa [27/10/2016 - American Samoa]
- News : Fiji Times deny inciting antagonism [27/10/2016 - Fiji]
- Business News : Samoa Government confirms Emirates plans [27/10/2016 - Samoa]
- News : Paris Agreement needs time to deliver, says UN climate chief [27/10/2016 - Germany]
- News : Whaling watchdog shrinks loophole allowing Japan's 'scientific' hunts [27/10/2016 - Slovenia]
- News : Two to three cyclones likely in coming season [27/10/2016 - Vanuatu]
- News : Kioa marks migration [27/10/2016 - Fiji]
- News : SODELPA approves Rabuka's election plan [27/10/2016 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The Fijian Parliament Friday unanimously ratified the Paris Climate change agreement that was signed by world leaders in France in December 2015.
The motion was brought to Parliament by the Acting Minister for Foreign Affairs and Attorney General Aiyaz Sayed Khaiyum.
Khaiyum told Parliament that the Fijian government has received correspondence from the United Nation on the need for the Fijian Parliament to ratify the Paris Agreement to be signed in New York on 22 April.
He said Fiji's Prime Minister Minister Voreqe Bainimarama will be in New York in April to sign the agreement with world leaders.
Khaiyum told Parliament Fiji is the first Pacific nation to ratify the agreement since the Paris Climate change was adopted last year.
He also thanked the Opposition for their support saying the effects of climate change facing vulnerable Pacific island states is a reality and the urgency to ratify the agreement is a priority.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media