- Business News : MSG Trade Agreement to break new ground [01:52 am GMT+12, 28/08/2015 - Fiji]
- Business News : PNG Prime Minister Peter O'Neill may review Australian food import ban amid drought [8:26 pm GMT+12, 27/08/2015 - Australia]
- Business News : ANZ supports 3rd PIDF Summit [5:01 pm GMT+12, 27/08/2015 - Fiji]
- Business News : Royal coronation spiked Tonga's visitor arrivals [4:58 pm GMT+12, 27/08/2015 - Tonga]
- Business News : MSG finalise development strategy, discuss private sector policies [4:54 pm GMT+12, 27/08/2015 - Fiji]
- Business News : Trade barriers hinder growth says Samoa Association of Manufacturers and Exporters [11:36 pm GMT+12, 26/08/2015 - Fiji]
- Business News : Bank South Pacific Group records gains [11:32 pm GMT+12, 26/08/2015 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : ADB president to visit Fiji [11:30 pm GMT+12, 26/08/2015 - Fiji]
- Business News : Fiji's ATH positioned well, shareholders told [8:31 pm GMT+12, 26/08/2015 - Fiji]
- Business News : Bank of PNG gives nation comfort amid fears [5:07 pm GMT+12, 26/08/2015 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Clive Palmer in tax row with Noumea [11:31 pm GMT+12, 25/08/2015 - Australia]
- Business News : Tongan tourism seeks to promote culture and heritage [11:28 pm GMT+12, 25/08/2015 - Tonga]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
A Manila court has issued a 72-hour temporary protection order to stop 25 dolphins, originally from Solomon Islands, from being exported to Singapore.
The court has also banned the importation of more dolphins, saying the journey would harm them.
A petition was filed by environmental and animal welfare groups against the Philippines Fisheries Bureau and Agriculture Department.
They argued exporting the dolphins would be a violation of wildlife laws.
The 25 dolphins were being imported by Resorts World Singapore from the Solomon Islands, and were being held in a Philippines marine park awaiting transfer.
SOURCE: RADIO AUSTRALIA/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media