- Business News : Samoan Minister confirms new telcom competitor [00:50 am GMT+12, 29/07/2015 - Samoa]
- Business News : Hawaii’s longline fishermen on course to hit bigeye limit [00:47 am GMT+12, 29/07/2015 - United States]
- Business News : Fiji backs MRDC hotel project [00:45 am GMT+12, 29/07/2015 - Fiji]
- Business News : Crown Prince opens BSP bank operations in Tonga [00:20 am GMT+12, 29/07/2015 - Tonga]
- Business News : FNPF to spend $25m buying Fiji missions [00:00 am GMT+12, 29/07/2015 - Fiji]
- Business News : Cook Islands Mineral claim rich Clarion-Clipperton Zone [11:58 pm GMT+12, 28/07/2015 - Cook Islands]
- Business News : PNG Anti-corruption gets registered [11:55 pm GMT+12, 28/07/2015 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : BSP bid to purchase Westpac Vanuatu Ltd rejected [11:26 pm GMT+12, 27/07/2015 - Vanuatu]
- Business News : US giant ‘uninterested’ in Cook IslandsI American Express spurns Cook Islands business [11:24 pm GMT+12, 27/07/2015 - Cook Islands]
- Business News : Fiji Airways repays $20M loan to FNPF [11:20 pm GMT+12, 27/07/2015 - Fiji]
- Business News : PM Tuilaepa invites PNG airline into Samoa [9:04 pm GMT+12, 27/07/2015 - Samoa]
- Business News : Air Lease Corporation places new Boeing 737-800 with Air Vanuatu [9:02 pm GMT+12, 27/07/2015 - Vanuatu]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
A Manila court has issued a 72-hour temporary protection order to stop 25 dolphins, originally from Solomon Islands, from being exported to Singapore.
The court has also banned the importation of more dolphins, saying the journey would harm them.
A petition was filed by environmental and animal welfare groups against the Philippines Fisheries Bureau and Agriculture Department.
They argued exporting the dolphins would be a violation of wildlife laws.
The 25 dolphins were being imported by Resorts World Singapore from the Solomon Islands, and were being held in a Philippines marine park awaiting transfer.
SOURCE: RADIO AUSTRALIA/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media