- News Feature : Savali news interview with Samoan Prime Minister Tuilaepa Sailele Malielegaoi on the outcome of the Pacific Islands Forum Leaders Meeting in Tuvalu [19/08/2019 - Samoa]
- News Feature : 50th Pacific Islands Forum Communique [19/08/2019 - Tuvalu]
- News Feature : Strengthening partnerships key to enhanced climate action, GCF leader tells largest gathering of developing country partners [19/08/2019 - Korea, Republic of]
- Business News : Pacific aid could lead to exploitation, academic warns [19/08/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : PNG to take bigger share of gold mine [19/08/2019 - Australia]
- News : Tuvalu threatens to exit Australia's seasonal worker programme after deputy PM's comments [19/08/2019 - Tuvalu]
- News : PNG asks Australia for $1.5 billion in direct budget support for roads and anti-corruption [19/08/2019 - Australia]
- News : Samoa PM Tuilaepa weighs into Forum tension [19/08/2019 - Samoa]
- News : Protesters set fire to parliament building in West Papua as tensions mount [19/08/2019 - Indonesia]
- News : PNG governor wants West Papua referendum [19/08/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Fiji Methodist church President re-elected [19/08/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Six Fijians so far killed by meningococcal disease [19/08/2019 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
-A first case of type 2 dengue has been identified in Wallis and Futuna.
The health authorities said the victim was infected by a mosquito which is present in the territory.
They have called on the public to be vigilant to contain the outbreak.
People are urged to destroy the breeding grounds of mosquitoes - but efforts have been hampered by continuing wet weather.
Type 2 dengue is found in New Caledonia and this month spread to French Polynesia by a man travelling from Noumea.
SOURCE: RNZ PACIFIC/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media